UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

I did a bit of shopping this morning then was glad to get home as raining and foggy.

I have formally resigned from all rescue transporting, after doing it for an assortment of rescues and transport teams over the past 18 years.  I just don't have the stamina any more. Some days I do OK, others I am something of a wreck. Must have done thousands of miles and moved hundreds of dogs, plus cats, bunnies, chooks, small furries, birds and wildlife. 

Did you all see that 80+ stolen dogs have been recovered by police in Carmarthenshire and the person holding them has been arrested? 

What you did is something to be proud of Owl, the link getting dogs to a place of safety or their new homes, it must have given you lots of interesting memories! Best to quit now before the the difficult days become more frequent.  Hope now you can relax more and enjoy just spending time on the reserve with Wispa and your friends.

I'm glad to see the police seem to be doing something at last about the stolen dogs, being in the papers and on tv must have prodded them into action! I see one bitch which was stolen has been found, heavily pregnant and with her chip cut out. Safely back with her family now, but who knows what mental scars she'll have?

Thank you Suzeanna. Yes, a number of interesting memories, especially the mouse who got loose in the car when I was transporting a load of small furries.

Jazz, you and your pack are still doing a vital job as emergency foster home, and in the case of Dylan a retirement home. 

Doglost police liaison team has been working with police forces for years behind the scenes. Some forces have been more cooperative than others. It's not just media pressure I think, but the fact that they are realising that they can usually find other illegal activity in the same place as any stolen dogs they recover.

thank you hun xxxx

busy morning, chemist, tesco, post office and poundland. Elwood is going onto adult food so need to get more of that. got given pedigree tins but always found them too rich for the dogs. not tried it for years so hope these will be ok. Charlie loves a giggle ball, follows it around. Elwood and charlie are great friends, play for hours

• Like 1