UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

Shame about the kestrel, Owl. 

He'll sulk when he doesn't get the food he's used to Jazz, but it'll be for his own good! I remember years ago we were offered a Siamese cat called Lisa..her owner's little boy used to pull her around and of course it was the cat's fault when he got scratched.  I was informed she'd only eat cooked chicken , certainly not tinned food.  Guess what? scoffed back Whiskas as if she'd never been fed before!  

I haven't been posting but have been reading...not been too good recently and not a lot to talk about anyway.  I have an appt next Friday with an oncologist, lord knows who.  The letter says one of Dr. Ghazi's team so could be anyone, should be fun.  I'm a bit puzzled as to why people in their forties, with no health problems, have had a first dose of the vaccine and despite being in the right age group and clinically vulnerable, I haven't! Someone is trying to tell me something maybe? 😄

Sorry you haven't fell well recently Suzeanna. Hope the appt goes well. Is it a real appt or virtual? 

It seems a bit of a lottery who gets the vaccine. My daughter in law got the first dose last week as she is a frontline worker with the homeless. Her sister also got it as she's a nurse. I guess that's fair enough. It seems to be quite a slow distribution up here though if you're not a health or social care worker. Many over 80's still waiting to hear. I expect to be one of the last on the list but I'm not bothered as I'm not old enough or vulnerable enough to merit it and live in a fairly covid free area.

Optical workers are considered health workers so are in the priority group.

Care Home residents and over 80's are in the same group. Scotland has concentrated on care home residents firsts so over 8-'s have had to wait longer.

The UK government seem to be doing both together so they have done more over 80's than Scotland but not as many care home residents as Scotland.

Still a bit snowbound here. The main roads are clear but the side roads are any combination of snow, slush and ice. We had several inches of snow over two nights. Today was dry and sunny but cold so it did not have much affect.

I did mange an icy totter with Cleo at lunchtime.