UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

Morning everyone. We have battened down the hatches and are awaiting storm Christoph. At the reserve yesterday, the ream from Environment Agency who have been steadily working along the river Idle on the reserve border clearing trees and debris, packed up and went home. This is a major thing as normally they fence off the bit they are working on and have night security people to guard the JCBs and equipment. Last time they did this was during spring floods nearly a year ago. I am hoping the river won't flood so much, now that they have cleared most of it.  

Glad he/she is safe with you and will get a makeover tomorrow.

My friend Chrissie has a kestrel staying overnight in her new dog Max's crate. He won't be very pleased to be shut out of it. She let it in because it was tapping on the glass at the top of her door. It seems uninjured but completely waterlogged so is drying out. There is a wildlife rescue only a few miles away so hopefully it can go there in the morning if not fully recovered. 

Chose the right door to knock on, lucky bird. Has to be secured in crate so Max does not grab it, and it does not grab the resident robin who decided to overnight in the kitchen to escape Christoff.

Edited by owl

That's fascinating Owl. Poor Max losing his crate - I can just imagine Nick's face if I did that to him. He gets narked enough when Cooper takes over 😂

Poor little foster Jazz. So lucky he's landed back with you. How long ago did you have him?

it was november 19, but the lady talks like it was last week

groomer is coming about 7.30 so off to bed. charlie the foster hasnt left the conservatory other than for a wee, so he can stay in there overnight. its not cold in there and im not going to distress him

night all xx