UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nattering

Jazz

Can't believe it's November already! The sun has actually come out here, for how long, who knows?

My daughter says if she'd known they would be home for three weeks then facing another lockdown, they'd have stayed put in Greece.  I did point out that then they could be facing earthquakes! 

Hmm, earthquakes (might not happen) or weeks in purgatory (definitely happening) - I'd choose Greece lol.

I'm contemplating an 'in before the lockdown' trip to Eastbourne next week. Where I live has had 2 cases  and 0 deaths since Covid reared it's ugly head in February and my cousin who I'll stay with has had a negative test recently as she worked in a care home till she retired last week. My sister has been in a support bubble with just my cousin. Nicola doesn't want us to travel to England but I promise to stay with only Scottish family so that should be ok. No cross border contamination will happen lol.

Stayed dry enough today for me to plant all my new plants in. Border looks lovely now.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend xx

Took a load of stuff, mine and neighbour's to the tip, then had a walk on the reserve. Wispa rolled on her back in a muddy puddle, yuck. Then got back to the van just as wind was really getting up. Glad I had my fleece balaclava as it was icy. Checked on the cattle in their new field and they seem very happy there. 

Good morning xx

My friend who had the stroke is home, but confined to house and garden and not allowed to drive for the moment.  MRI has indicated a blood clot in her brain, and she is on aspirin to disperse it, then has to be on another drug for the rest of her life. In 6 weeks she will again have MRI to see if it has dispersed. She is at high risk, as if she had another stroke now she is unlikely to survive, she has been told. She is in support bubble with a friend close by, who will do her shopping and help in house and garden. My job is to call her just before 8 every morning as she has to take first aspirin at 8. Good thing I did this morning as she slept through alarm. Then I will be checking on her by phone at midday and bedtime.

Edited by owl

ere! got thrush again, bbaadddddd so went to tesco chemist, she didnt have a box with the 2 in so had to buy them seperate. £17! £7 for 1 tablet! and £10 for the cream! I normally get them prescribed. Ill do that in future but thought save 5 days of agony ....

Owl, your friend is very lucky to have people who care about her.  I hope the medication does the trick and she doesn't have any further problem.

That's pricey, Jazz.  I'm sure it can't cost that much to produce the blinking stuff!

More fireworks round here too, it must cost people a fortune, they are the big ones and they aren't cheap.

It's not easy touch typing with your little finger out of commission!

Hope it clears up quick, Jazz. 

One thing about all the shooting in the fields around the reserve, Wispa has got so accustomed to the bangs that the fireworks here have not affected her so far. As long as it is bangs and not strange whistle noises and lots of flashes, we may be OK. Got far too many dogs on the run due to fireworks already ... 

What did you do to your finger, Suzeanna? 

Very cold tonight, I got the flannelette bedding out. 

Pleased your friend is on the mend Owl. How lovely of you all to look out for her.

Ouch for your poor finger Suzeanna.

We too have fireworks but usually about 4ish. What's the point in daylight???? Thankfully my lot aren't bothered by them.

Haven't gone down south yet. No idea how, but I managed to scratch my eyelid the other day and woke up yesterday and my eye had swollen up and I had blurry vision. Not the best for a long journey lol. So, postponed for now but will hopefully get down there soon.

Cold here tonight so I've lit the fire and have Cooper as a legwarmer lol. Clingy dogs have their uses.

Have a peceful rest of the evening xx