UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nattering

Jazz

So pleased you love your new wellies Owl. They need to be wonderful at that price lol. But as you said you spend so much time up the marshes you need something practical and comfortable.

Been a lovely day here again, sunny but a bit cold. Haven't done that much though apart from dog walks and food shopping.

We went to meet a friend for a walk in Clumber Park which is midway between our homes. Wispa was very happy to see one of her favourite aunties and was jumping up and down.  Then a pea souper of a fog came down and we each had a horrid journey home but arrived safely. In our village someone close by was letting off a load of fireworks, huge bangs and flashes. I was concerned as I had to get Wispa from car into house, but although dogs all along the street were barking, she just decided not to react. She totally blanked the fireworks, the same way she acts with owls. They don't make sense, therefore she ignores them. 

It could be that she had a break from fireworks last year, as we escaped to Wales. It could be the firework remedy my friend made up for her.  It could be that she has become inured to bangs due to the shooting in fields around the reserve ... but that would not explain why she ignored the visual stuff.

A nice surprise for me anyway. At least I will not dread New Year's Eve. 

PS the wellies are worth the horrendous expense. All through the walk, I completely forgot about my feet which were warm as toast due to the thickly cushioned footbed, and I didn't have even the faintest twinge from the metatarsals which is usually a problem with wellies.

I'm trying to keep ahead with the Tesco orders, delivery slots are crammed but I've got something for this coming week and the next.  Just have to remember to keep adding to them, as I've only put on enough to cover the minimum charge.

Anyone else being following Snow's woes (oh, it rhymes!) on FB? She's been really ill, hopefully on the mend now.  Hope Yantan and Ruby are both ok, I'll never know as Yantan has vanished from here and my FB.