UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nattering

Jazz

My eye is much better now Suzeanna thanks. Still a little bit tender but the blurred vision has gone.

Sorry you're having to start again with a new oncologist. Fingers crossed he's up to speed on your case.

Also hoping Wispa is ok

Glad your eye has improved , Eve. Not something you can take a chance with.

Cleo wasn't really bothered by the fireworks tonight. She was in the garden when one went off but she just raised her ears and looked. The rest   were when she was inside and were quite muffled.

The discharge  from her eye is caused by th growth inside her eyelid in the tear gland,  so she goes in next week to have it cut out.

Just £440 !

Good luck with your new consultant , Suzeanna.

Hope the costly op goes well, blackmagic.

We went to the reserve, took our supper with us, and stayed there until friend in village confirmed that the fireworks were mostly over. Wispa fell asleep after a good run in the fields. I had my Kindle to read. Lots of bangs but Wispa is used to hearing shooting round there so ignored it. Lovely golden moon came up. Chatted with my police friends on the rural crime patrol. They had just been called to a very big roundabout at Markham Moor which crosses the A1.  Youngsters had been on the roundabout chucking fireworks! 

I hadn't even gone to bed at midnight but didn't buy anything lol

Yay for bull terrier being found safe and well.

Wash your mouth out Jazz for mentioning the 'c' word. Really not interested in it this year. Can't plan for anything so it'll probably end up being just another day. Oh no, I sound like the Grinch lol. Hopefully things will be a bit easier by then.

its lovely that lewis will cook it and bring it round. There were many many years that I was on my own. had cereal a few years because I was too ill to do anything else. I like to get a delivery and not have to go to the shops

bombs are going off out there bloody hell. I did shout nasty words at a family opposite setting them off

I remember owning posh wellies, Owl, Aigle if I recall.  Sadly one of our dobes decided they would look much better with the toes chewed out.  Peep toe wellies aren't really much use!  Which brand are yours? Hopefully not Hunters, apparently they are now made in China and not a patch on how they used to be. So pleased that dog has been found safe, but read about another who wasn't so lucky, run over after being on the run for several days.

The new oncologist was very pleasant, he assured me that any meds would be my choice completely and chemo will be a very last resort as, to quote, it makes people feel so ill it really has to be worth it. Seems the medical profession are admitting now that their wonderful drugs do have a nasty side to them!

Really pleased your new oncologist is so nice Suzeanna, makes such a difference to have one who will listen to what you want.

I've got Hunters wellies but it's the first time I've bought them so no idea what they used to be like. Don't seem any better than what I used to buy from Brantano for £8.99 or whatever lol

Don't want to think about Christmas, yet Won't s my son and his partner who are stuck in Romania . I haven't seen them since last Christmas . They usually come over in March for his birthday  but he didn't want to this year as things were still too raw after Jim' death.   They always went to the motorcycle show that was on at that time,   Then in August - to avoid the high temperatures in Romania- but covid stopped that. 

No more fireworks here since last night.  

My wellies  are Dunlop from B&Q.

Great that you like your new oncologist, suzeanna. It makes a difference.

• Like 1