UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nattering

Jazz

Owl, very silly thing, I rushed through a doorway as I could hear the phone ringing , had my hand on the doorframe and managed to move most of my fingers forward and leave my little finger behind, so to speak.  Really wrenched it, I thought I'd broken something at first.  Now the whole of the back of my hand has swollen up, I can't bend my finger or move it sideways so I've taped it to its neighbour.  Of course it's my left hand, the side I'm not meant to injure because of my lymphodema!  Oh well, worse things happen at sea, as they say.

• Sad 1

Eve, hope your eyelid recovers soon.

Suzeanna, yes, I have to say that was a silly thing. More the kind of thing that I do!

Kind lady saved me from big trouble today. I was about to leave the car park in middle of village when she banged on my window to tell me the nearside rear tyre was seriously flat. I trundled the short distance down to the garage where a large screw was removed and the tyre repaired. If she had not stopped me, I would have headed out of town and the tyre would have been literally screwed beyond repair. 

got the course this afternoon, 3.30. hoped I could zoom, but its there this week then zoom till lockdown is over. Im looking forward to it, but like things in a morning so im home the rest of the day. scooter looks charged but plugged it anyway, just in case

went to my balance class, was good but every muscle aches, that or chest infection lol

turns out the food parcels are put together there. they had loads over so asked us to take what we wanted or it will all be binned, so we have cooked sausages, turkey slices, donuts. very happy

• Like 1

Result Jazz. Good to be in the right place at the right time. Never happens to me lol.

Boiler packed up today. Luckily just within guarantee as local engineer couldn't fix it so Bosch guy coming over tomorrow, just amazed he'll come to Dunoon as so many won't. We have open fires downstairs and an electric heater we've plugged in upstairs so we should survive. Just have to boil kettles for hot water for a wash.

wow its cold

lewis, who doesnt like harry potter, we will rock you, strictly or rocky horror (im sure he isnt my son lol) his job is to decide what the betting is for sports, 5-1, 10-1, all that, hes doing strictly on saturday, he isnt happy lol

I'm with Lewis Jazz lol. Is he a bookie?

Boiler is fixed thank goodness. We have heat and hot water again 😀

Fireworks kicking off big style here. Normally just organised displays but since they're banned this year it sounds like someone nearby has got hold of the industrial strength ones and are letting them off. Cooper and Nick were a bit panicky at first but luckily have calmed down now. They're not normally bothered as the displays are usually a mile or so away and so quite muted but these ones ones were really close and very loud. Hope everyone else's dogs are coping ok

Glad the boiler is sorted Eve. Is your eye ok now?

Sounds like world war 3 out here too, Philip has taken Candy out for her evening walk regardless.  She doesn't bat an eyelid at the noise, just looks up if there are pretty ones! Couldn't be more different to Dylan, he was terrified of any loud bangs.

Hope Owl's Wispa is still not reacting to any bangs that might be going on her way.

I've got an appointment with the new oncologist tomorrow, it's going to be interesting to see how much he has checked out of my notes.  I'm still sulking that Virgil has gone, best onc ever and they let him go!