UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

Bubblewrap, Jazz. That's the way to go.

Poured earlier then stopped, so Philip took Candy out for a walk,  He got halfway round then of course, it poured again! Luckily she doesn't mind the rain and he had his waterproofs on.  Sun is out now, of course.

I had a memory on my FB of five years ago, saying it was Rosie our cavalier's 7th birthday, and we should have known better than to get a dog born at Halloween! can't believe its four years already that we lost her so suddenly but taking the view that every cloud has a silver lining, if we hadn't lost her we'd never have got Candy. Rose was a little horror when she wanted to be, but Candy hasn't a bad bone in her body.

The Six Nations rugby has recommenced after a long break due to Covid so Philip will be watching Italy v England in a bit.  Apparently we should win.. but we all know what should happen and what does aren't always the same!

Eve and blackmagic, you both being Scottish and pardon me straying into the realms of politics, but I don't understand Nicola Sturgeons thought process.  She wants Scotland to be independent, of England if not Europe, but she's demanding that England should give her more money because of the pandemic.  Doesn't it occur to her that if she gets the independence she craves, there won't be ANY money from us, or does she fondly imagine we'll keep giving it to her?

I see the temperature in our area is meant to be down to 8 on Tuesday.  Better get my bigger jumpers out!

Glad Dylan is eating.

We have had a dramatic evening.  Some of the cattle on the reserve decided to break out and go on a jolly, possibly do some trick or treat in the village. It would certainly scare a few folk if they had opened a door to face a hulking great Lincoln Red steer. Anyway, at dusk I drove down the byway which runs through the middle of the reserve to find my mate Trevor valiantly holding the bridge at reserve exit, against 8 of them who were determined to head to the village. Behind him I could see a motorbike doing a fair speed, and realised he might not see Trevor and the cattle in the shadows. Flashed my lights like mad, and he stopped in good time. A dog walker helped us, and we got the beasties back into their field but as they could escape again we had to stand guard over the gap. I had called the livestock team and they got to us quick,  much to our relief as the cattle were determined to get out again and we were in a standoff with them. Together we drove the lot into another field which had not been grazed for a while, and soon they were munching away happily. Even Wispa helped, as I parked my van across the riverside path to stop them from going the wrong way, and she barked at them from inside the van.

After that we were very glad of the flask I had brought, and sat in the beautiful moonlight watching bats.

Wow! it's like the wild west, Owl! Glad the cattle were safely contained, with no injuries to man (or woman) or beast!

I'm already reading about far too many dogs spooked and running from fireworks, and it's not even Bonfire Night yet.  I really think it's time they were banned altogether unless on official displays.