UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October Offerings

Jazz

Morning all. We have a bit of sun here so I'll be in the garden today I think. Needs a good tidy up after the wind and rain last night. I can't bear to be inside if it's a dry day.

Hope you get to see your daughter today Suzeanna. I don't think you're being rash, I'm sure you'll all take reasonable care.

No but we are in the bedroom because it is warm and snug. Wispa is grumpy because we stayed home all day, but she wouldn't have enjoyed it if we had gone out as very wet and windy.

I have just had a long chat with my old friend John in Wales. Very pleased to hear that he has a new dog, as his old one died at age 19 and he was missing her but thought he is too old at 85 to have another dog. New one is ancient greyhound, settled in well, loves a cuddle. 

Lovely for your friend to have a new companion in his old age, Owl.  They can dodder on together (assuming he isn't the still running marathons type of older man!)

I've lost interest in Strictly, don't know most of the dancers any more and apart from a couple, the celebrities are nobodies so far as I'm concerned.  We recorded The Greatest Showman the other night so we'll watch that.

37 minutes ago, suzeanna said:

Lovely for your friend to have a new companion in his old age, Owl.  They can dodder on together (assuming he isn't the still running marathons type of older man!)

He has never been a marathon runner but was one of the most famous figures in harness racing until he misjudged a turn and broke his neck some 15 years ago.  Never been quite the same since, but still raises poultry, grows veg and maintains his own woodland and is more active than many younger folk. I don't think he does much doddering, and the greyhound still has quite a turn of speed as well.  So they are well suited. Both John's father and grandfather lived well past 100, good genes. 

We did ours last night before we went to bed.

Had a nothing sort of day today. Hoovered lots and steam mopped the kitchen and bathroom. Then watched a bit of football. Oh the excitement lol.

Hope everyone else had a good day xx

My son texted me at about 8.30 to see if I was up, which I was, so we had a video chat for a while, which was lovely.  Abby, my grand daughter, was close to her daddy as usual but her twin Jamie dashed up long enough to tell me he was playing his car game and then vanished again.  I felt honoured he even stopped long enough to say hello!

Philip developed a migraine not long after breakfast so he retired back to bed.  I went to Tesco..took one look at the queue waiting to go in and aborted the mission and headed to Aldi instead! Luckily they are pretty close to one another so it didn't take me out of my way.  Got back and he tottered back up and we watched the bikes we'd recorded.  Other than that, didn't do a lot, so another nothing sort of day apart from seeing Mark and the twins.  

Hope Philip feels better tomorrow. Good to have video chats.

I had a very social day talking to a number of birders on the reserve, 8 including my friend/colleague/lockdown survival buddy Trevor.  No more than 4 of us together at any time though, so still legal. 

morning x

showered and ready for shopping. lewis is picking me up in half an hour. I have put socks on so dogs know im going out. I put my sunflower lanyard on and normally go in the front of the queue. good job as I go sideways if just standing. have to hold onto something

be safe out there xx