UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Smoothies

Jazz

Chilly night here, last night.  -5 a Altnaharra . Was 7 degrees here at 8 o'clock this morning.

Pity you can't meet your sister , Owl, but we all have to be  careful.

Jazz, I hope somebody gets back to you with some help.

A friend is coming for lunch today- before we are not allowed to visit in homes from tomorrow. She lives alone and I live alone  .We will still be able to meet for a walk with our dogs and stupidly we could go for lunch somewhere,  but not in each other's homes.

just had a call from rheumatology. they cant put me back on the injectons till they see it in writing the results of the polyps .... just found THEIR letter to me, with the results on, from 25th august!!!! you cant make it up! they have known the results since the 19th august!

Edited by Jazz

That is ridiculous. I hope now that you have found the letter they will sort something out.

Not questioning my sister's decision, blackmagic.  She is quite right. She has suggested video calls but I hate them and cannot relax on video chat. 

Some of the advice seems illogical, though, and really I suspect the problem is that some people just will not distance wherever they are.  I am so fed up of people getting in my face that I now wear a mask in the village as well as when going into town. Happened the other day at garden centre. I had bought a plastic garden storage chest as well as other stuff, and had taken mask off when I got to my van. Next thing there was an elderly man offering to help lift the chest into my van, very polite but he should have kept distance not come up close.  I jumped back and put the chest between us so he couldn't come closer, as he was insistent that I should not do it myself. It weighed very little, and he looked older and more decrepit than me lol. 

Jazz, there does not seem to be any communication between departments these days. There seems to be a lack of caring.

My friend's grandson ( the one in hospital ) has asthma and has had 10 hospital admissions this year. He has spent the last few days alternating between a hospital ward and HDU.  Yesterday his asthma consultant found out about this  is angry that nobody told her  about these admissions as it meant his medication wasn't working.

She has now taken over and changed it and he is responding well. She has given his parents her private number to contact her if necessary.

.I am like  you, Owl. I do not like video chats. 

The  theory of allowing meeting in pubs, restaurants etc is first to allow them to continue  to trade and second people are less likely to social distance in a private home.  Hospitality places are required to enforce social distancing.

Nicola said if she had the ability to  give financial support to th hospitality she would be considering  closing it.

At present it is students that are causing the numbers to  spike here due to parties for freshers week.

Despite the sunshine it is 4 degrees here so have lit the wood burner.  the postie has just told me it was -3 last night. That is cold for a September night. It might chase the last of the tourists away.

Nice pictures on facebook of the  solstice at Stonehenge. 

Blackmagic, I am relieved to hear your friend's grandson is improving, but what a shocking state of affairs that the consultant who was in charge of his ongoing care was not informed when he was admitted. 

Numbers of cases round here seem to be down a bit from the summer. One of the reasons why they were so high earlier was drunken brawls in Doncaster and Retford.  Fighting is about the worst thing you can do in a pandemic. 

Hope you had a lovely lunch and catch up with your friend Blackmagic. Really pleased your friend's grandson is on the mend

Did you get the injections sorted Jazz? So glad I don't need hospital or GP services - sounds chaotic what some people are having to go through at the moment. Richard is thinking of going private for his, he just can't wait for the NHS to start doing them again up here.

Gorgeous Autumn weather here at the moment. Sunny and crisp. Wouldn't mind it being a couple of degrees warmer but no rain is good 😀 Luckily meant to be the same for a few days as my son and DIL are coming over at the weekend and we'll have to sit in the garden as he's not allowed in the house. Though we could always go to the pub if it changes. Speaking of which, we're off down there for dinner tonight. All in the name of keeping our local businesses going of course 😉

Hope everyone has a good evening xx

An ex colleague of Philip's who is still on his FB is having a torrid time with her parents..both elderly, both ended up in the Royal Hospital in Chesterfield.  Her dad has fallen several times, and despite that they haven't put rails up on his bed, her mum has an ongoing infection and they've sent her home twice and had to readmit her the next day.  The final straw for Lisa was when they sent her mum home without telling anyone, to an empty house with no food in it and still not at all a well woman.  Makes you wonder what they are all playing at.

I see my oncologist tomorrow to see what he says about this blasted lump.  I hope it's just radiotherapy but it might be chemo.  Please cross fingers for no chemo!

Give em hell tomorrow, Jazz.

Enjoy your dinner Eve, we're off out on Friday next week for our anniversary. Very nice Italian restaurant we went to last year.

Just so you all know and don't ever wonder, all is absolutely fantastic in the world of Griff 😃 I am incredibly happy, incredibly loved...I thank you all for your support but I no longer feel comfortable here so I am moving on. Look after yourselves..be happy xx

Edited by griff
  • Confused 2