UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Smoothies

Jazz

Glad she is doing something.

Having a quiet day at home, cold and blowy. Last couple of days on reserve have been interesting with a swarm of bees on a fence post and a big willow fallen across the river and blocking it.  

Monday was good because I met a friend who used to work there but has been looking after his mum who has dementia since January.  I hadn't seen him since then and he can't leave her alone, and she won't have carers. He has at last managed to persuade other family members to help out by mum-sitting for one day a week so he can go birding and meet friends.

Good news on the Elwood front Jazz. Hope the blood test gives you a solution.

Glad your friend is getting a bit of respite Owl. It's so tough and isolating being a full time carer.

Been a bit dull and chilly here today, but hopefully a bit of sun coming over the next couple of days. I seem to be suffering from terminal weariness today lol. Managed to get a bit of shopping done this morning but done little else since. My motivation and energy has totally disappeared but hoping a bit of sunshine will bring it back.

Hope everyone is as well as they can be. Even if you don't feel up to posting much we're still thinking of you all

xx

• Like 1

Sounds more positive Jazz. Could she organise for Richard to get his injections for his back too lol.

We got our sunny day here today and, fingers crossed, it's meant to be nice tomorrow too. Finally got the grass cut and lots of other stuff done too, so all good here. Popping down the pub for dinner later, can't really be bothered getting washed and changed but Richard is looking forward to it so I'll make an effort. Not sure what that says about my cooking 😂

Lots of good thoughts to everyone - have a lovely evening xx