UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

bed is stripped and on the line, jobs are done. Waiting to hear if a pup is coming in, so had better cover the wires. been meaning to do it for months. I chipped my tooth in February, had an appointment in a few weeks so was waiting to get it sorted then, then came lockdown. Chipped another tooth, so rung up yesterday. They arnt doing fillings or anything that involves blowing on a tooth, but got an appointment for September. I cant eat on that side or even touch it with a toothbrush, so hope she can do something

looks like it might rain, hope so

be safe out there xxx

My friend in Kent fried an egg on the pavement outside her house yesterday, just to see if it could be done. Then scraped it up for dog who was trying to get to it through hedge, but most of it stuck. They have had high 30s all week, a brief shower of light rain this morning which was the first since March. Serious drought.

• Haha 2

It's absolutely scorching here...makes me happy...well, I would be if the dogs would big off and let me sit in the garden ...have to keep coming in as they are boiling, there's shade but they HAVE to be with me...div's 

Trying to get Steve to come out with me tomorrow but he isn't saying yes or no.... proper bugs me that! He is back to work Monday so I will barely see him

Dylan used to be like that Griff, he'd have died of sunstroke rather than move away from us.  Rosie and now Candy are much more sensible, they retreat to the shade.

Glad you enjoyed your KFC Jazz.

Well, I obviously shouldn't try to get fitter.  I was using the rowing machine just now, not going mad, just a steady rhythm, and got the most awful pain shoot up the left side of my back. Now if I move my left shoulder at all it's agony all down that side.  I'm praying I've pulled a muscle and not broken a bone.  Before anyone says well you won't have done that, apparently it's very easy to do when you've got cancer that's metasized, one woman just tripped on a kerb didn't even fall over and broke her femur!

Lovely here today, warm but not hot, bit of sun, bit of cloud so great for getting the grass cut and pottering about in the garden.

Getting my hair cut tomorrow and already panicking. I feel claustrophobic wearing a mask and can just about cope in a shop as I know I can nip out if needed - not so easy if you're halfway through a cut lol.

Hoping for a pulled muscle Suzeanna.

My lot are quite sensible when it comes to heat- they do go into the shady bits when it gets hot. About the only time they are sensible.

Glad you enjoyed your KFC Jazz. I don't like much fast food but am partial to a KFC zinger lol. Like you I suffer for it but then I do with most foods so I'd never eat anything if I let it bother me.

Edited by eve

Lots of Philip's FB mates saying there was a terrific storm over Chesterfield...barely heard a thing here, just one rumble and that was it.

Still ouchy when I move in certain directions but not so bad as when it first happened, so I think maybe I've somehow twanged a nerve.  I'll take some more ibuprofen and hope it settles more without my kidneys having a strop!