UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

When you out your hand in the fishtank and think the heater stopped working because water is cold. Check thermometer, it's the correct 24C and it is everywhere else that is too hot.

Not so bad tomorrow. Got a lot of laundry done and dried in no time,  done little else. We are both clobbered by the heat. Sleeping downstairs may be only option.

Eve I have no idea how or why those pathetic knobs thought the local lad was Jewish. I do know him and though he's not Jewish it wouldn't matter a jot if he was.

It was pleasantly warm, low 20'sC/70'sF yesterday and set to be the same today. I do feel for those sweltering in much higher temperatures elsewhere.

A bit cooler today. Wispa brought me a sun hat first thing, meaning do not take that tea back to bed, bring it out into the garden and keep me company. It was indeed lovely out there at 6.30.

We will go to the reserve early evening I think, water polytunnels etc, and stay until dark.

• Like 2

went to the charity shop after tescos. glad we did, they had yoga mats, 50p each, great for the base of crates when fosters come, cut them to size.

just singing to frozen 2. Kevin just threw himself over my mouth. hes fully trained now lol

• Haha 1

Wispa gets concerned if I sing, she thinks there is something very wrong with me.

Got a message to say someone else has done the watering, so only mine at home to do tonight. Let off the hook, might even get away with not going out at all if Wispa can be persuaded. Doing it tomorrow. 

I have grown some spuds, if you could call it growing because I didn't do anything. Threw some salad potatoes which had sprouted and gone green into a large garden refuse bag with all my old compost from containers and various veg peelings etc, and kept watered. Now have lots of really nice mini spuds. 

• Like 2

Well done Owl!! I always wondered if that would work....now I know lol 

Jazz, very brave going out with a bad tummy....I can't bear the thought of possibly having to use a public loo, wasn't keen before but with covid.....oooooo not for me!

Been to town, swapped a top that was labelled as the wrong size, then primarni beckoned so I ended up buying a couple of new bikini tops then I called Steve, did he want anything...most normal people request groceries, not my geek..... bloody tripod for his new camera

Oooo owl, I will send you a picture of one of Steve's telescopes....cost him about £150 and he can't use it in his garden as the bushes are too high lol 

Eve, all I buy are shoes, clothes, dog food and stuff for geek boy...his tends to be expensive...I am cheap!

• Like 1