UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

HS2 doesn't save all that much time on previous journeys, and lots of people are likely to continue working more from home anyway. It has meant the destruction of ancient woods all along the line, nature reserves destroyed, a favourite country park of mine gone. 

This country does not need HS2, it needs flood defences!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, owl said:

HS2 doesn't save all that much time on previous journeys, and lots of people are likely to continue working more from home anyway. It has meant the destruction of ancient woods all along the line, nature reserves destroyed, a favourite country park of mine gone. 

This country does not need HS2, it needs flood defences!

I think it saves 20 minutes.

• Sad 1

Yeah...20minutes and more money than any sane person would pay for a ticket! I would never ever pay what they want for a ticket even if it meant being with a lived one when they passed... anyone I care a jot about knows that animals and nature mean more to me than pretty much anyone and we kind of all think alike....it was so upsetting seeing it, had I known, me and the dogs would have gone and camped out with the others

That's the last radiotherapy out of the way..CT scan at 2.30 and then no hospitals for ages, not until...the 14th.  Not such ages, unfortunately.

I watch Michael Portillo and others who do railway journeys in other countries, and the efficiency and cleanliness of their trains makes me ashamed of ours. You can bet when (if!) HS2 is ever completed, they'll be running late and dirty just like the trains are now.

• Like 1

that's good suzeanna.

no food or sleep till tomorrow now. start drinking the stuff at 5. I tell myself have 4 gulps, get it gone, but its so horrible I manage 2. Im putting a lot of orange juice in it this time so hope that helps

Fingers crossed for  lumps being zapped away.

My sympathy Jazz. Not a pleasant thing to drink and the consequences are worse.  I hope you get good results.

Have fun getting a sample. Owl. Not the easiest thing to do.

Had a lazy day today. Builder was hoping to come but didn't. Boiler was to be serviced but heating  engineer off work today.

Spent a lot of time filing paperwork and looking for information for the  Home Report needed in Scotland to sell a house. They are sending out a questionnaire online so the surveyor has to spend less time in the house.

Tomorrow's forecast is not good- heavy rain most of the day and  wind. And they call this summer.