UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

Welllllll, I went, I wanted lemonade...I got Carling lol.... lovely when they know your usual. I didn't pay...not sure anyone actually paid lol. Managed to escape after one pint, he then rung me to say he was heading over to balsall, jump a cab and he would pay and look after me lol....I know loads of people there as that's where I drink usually. I politely declined, he had begun seeing someone in January and I was really happy for him, sadly, he told me tonight it's not worked out. He said he is going to move to Spain and has said that he wants me to go visit him...bless, I just said WhatsApp video call me and make me jealous of your pool views! Steve has taken the hump...no idea why, robs been chasing me since I was 16, didn't happen... won't happen. I have repeatedly asked him to come for a beer and meet Rob... won't do it, I even asked him to come tonight..... just blanked the invite...not really very much I can do, won't not see my mate for his birthday, I like rob because he doesn't judge me, rob likes me because I am honest and I expect nothing from him....in fact, last year I was the only person to buy him a Drink on his birthday.. this year I bought him a bottle of sambucca

• Like 1

Eventful evening Griff, glad you had fun. Don't be too harsh on Steve, jealousy isn't rational and he can't offer you holidays in Spain. Doesn't matter you don't want them, maybe makes Steve feel inadequate and resentful of Rob.

Lovely here again today but rain forecast for next few days so spent the day in the garden making the most of the sun. Not a bank holiday up here today but hope you all had a good one down south xx

Thing is though Eve...Steve told me he isn't bothered if I am with someone else.....I have never, nor would I ever cheat on anyone. Had a huge argument again this morning, I have been round to see him today and made it plain that Rob is my friend.... that's it, he will always be my friend, I am not like any of Robs other friends, I don't have money, don't have a flash car, don't have designer clothes but I am very very honest and straight with him...I look for nothing from him, I want nothing from him and that's why we get on so well

I tell you what, bank holiday was mental in town, buses packed and I can't imagine what Wednesday will be like when the kids go back to school

Ok day weather wise in as much as no rain..we did some gardening too, hauled out loads of nettles, brambles and bindweed and there are still loads more! I started mowing the lawn and Philip finished it (well, he did most of it to be honest!). Our neighbour was cutting the top off the hedge so now he's done some it wont be quite so much for Philip to do.  He's got one of those extending hedge cutters and it's just too heavy for me so I don't feel guilty about not helping. It's a hawthorn hedge, horrible thing.  Looks pretty when it flowers but too spiky for my liking.

I can't remember the last time I went on a bus, Griff.  The handy thing about Philip working from home is I have the car if needed.  My next appointment with the onc is a phone one. Can't see the point really, how can he see how things are looking down a phone line?

Lol Suzeanna, I had an ent appointment by phone and he then said.....I will see you in person, my new consultant... phone appointment, now seeing someone else face to face! Can it all be the same day ......please!!

I go everywhere on the bus, it's nice coz I know so many people to nod to... Nice for me to see they are all o.k

Jeeeezzzzz, third bottle of rattler, I will be comatose... plus the 2 pints of Stella.....forgot, I have a blood test tomorrow...omg!!!

Edited by griff