UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

I am only doing my best to keep the Benidorm Brigade away Eve 😂

Some visitors in a holiday house on our street were telling us that they've been coming for years but they've never met such awful people here before. Rude, pushy, arrogant, irresponsible and selfish were the words they used. And that's just the locals! No seriously they meant the horrible Benidorm crowds. 

The weather is still grey and grim today. 

Weather is rubbish today. Life has been hectic online and on phone. Was just putting a missing dog on Doglost site for someone when there were cries of delight. Dog was picked up by someone who read her tag, and home she goes.  A tiny one missing locally to me has been spotted after 3 days out in countryside, owner being very patient and luring her in. Paws crossed. An English Toy Terrier is a very small being to lose in a massive country park adjacent to acres of woods and fields. 

Amazing how stupid people can be, how difficult is it to understand don't chase the dog? Someone put a post of my FB the other day..don't think it was anyone from here...a chi type dog was adopted, the rescue stressed to the new owner that he was a nervous boy so give him a week or so to settle in without any visitors.  Did she? Did she heck! She invited a load of her friends round to see him on his first day, he panicked and bit her so she called the police and demanded he be put down! He bit 3 policemen whilst they were trying to grab him but thankfully wasn't put down and is back with the rescue.

I'm obviously going soft in my old age, I've been frozen all day and now I've put the heating on.  Not high..just on 20...and only until the place warms up a little.  

Pleased to say that the dog has headed back to original hideout and scoffed some sausages which were left for her. It's not too far from her regular walk from home. Owner had to go home as been out since stupid o'clock in extreme rain and was getting chilled to bone. I had a chat with him on phone, and he appreciates the help but has been bombarded with conflicting advice from folk who don't know the area and have no idea how rough the terrain is.  Hope a meal and a decent night's sleep will make him feel better. 

Hope the ETT gets reunited with his owner soon, Owl.

Glad the chi is safe Suzeanna. Shame the 'adopter' thought they knew better than the rescue and put him in that situation in the first place. Wonder if it would have been the same outcome if it had been a bigger dog, especially a bull breed - might not have escaped  being PTS

Was ok here today and I got lots of dead heading and tidying up done in the garden. Meant to stay dry over the next few days but it's definitely getting cooler. Went down to the pub for dinner and it felt quite chilly walking back.

The ETT was seen by her owner about an hour ago. Staying in same area and may be trying to get home. There is a danger point between where the footpath joins the road, and her path to home. Right on a dangerous double bend on a minor but busy road. Paws crossed this little one stays safe.

Not a very nice day here although it's not raining. It's cold, our central heating kicked in this morning, and awfully grey.

I've re-started my diet and lost 5lbs to date. I shouldn't have gone off it during lockdown like I did. I gained a whopping 40lbs 😟 Never mind, I'll get it off. I know I CAN do it now!.

• Like 3