UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

Good morning. Wind thankfully has dropped a lot. Hair dresser this afternoon. The unisex barber I used to go to in Worksop has not reopened so will try one in the village, hoping that with social distancing and limited numbers it will be bearable. I find ladies' hair salons uncomfortable, too many people talking at once, dryer noise and chemical smells.

• Like 1

I need a proper haircut Owl but I'm nervous about making an appointment for sometime next month having been in lockdown and shielding for 6 months. Ange, my hairdresser, has her salon in her house and works alone so she will be seeing one client at a time. I think she'll now be leaving a gap between clients so they don't meet. 

It's a much calmer day today weatherwise. 

Yantan, I have had a hair cut, eyebrow threading and bikini wax all done after lockdown, the place I go for haircuts doesn't actually do appointments but he did for the first couple of months...only 2 people were allowed in the salon, you had to wear a mask, sanitise your hands and he cleaned literally everything in front of me, I had a plastic Cape and he had a mask and visor. The eyebrow place, they had masks on ...as did I, they cleaned the seats down between clients and washed their hands after each client. The place I went for my bikini wax, well...you get new paper towel over the bed after each person so that was fine, the lady had a mask on....as did I and I was the only person in the shop so that was all fine. She said that she hasn't had much business but I think it's because when you used to get your eyebrows threaded they but the thread in their mouths..... obviously they can't now and I guess a lot of people don't understand that

Oh I trust Ange to do things strictly by the rules Griff. It's just it will be very strange for me to go out & be in an enclosed space with someone other than Ruby after all these months.

To be honest I've preferred life this way. I'm not a people person 😂😂😂

im happy without 'real people'. chatting on here is great because we can walk away when we want. Im happy going out with lewis for a few hours, then back in. Just got to get the dogs back out. We took the stuff to the charity shop, so a bit more room. When we got back, the stench of poo was overwhelming. Its the tripe sticks. Im living in it and didn't realise how bad the smell is. scary

Took stuff to recycling bank, am still looking for my debit card. I wish it was a different colour from grey. Car needs mucking out, going to do that in a bit, all grey trim and upholstery. 

That's 3 times now. First time I stopped the card then it turned up somewhere I thought I had looked, second time it was down side of seat in a narrow crack. Hope I can find it. I am sure no one has it as I rarely use it outside house, and I can remember the last time I used it for shopping.

Owl, you can get these now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RFID-Block-Aluminium-Credit-Card-Holder-Business-Security-Case-Wallet-Travel-B4/261875822517?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3cf903efb5:g:gxoAAOSw6vtfFwdI&var=560718140866

You can select the colour ( they have a nice bright pink one)

Just keep the card you lose in that and you will spot it easily

• Like 2

Hello everyone. Back from down south. Horrendous weather round the Lake District - all Yantan's fault of course- both ways of the journey. Not much better at the borders either mind you. Was great to see my family again, hadn't realised how much I'd missed them, so had a lovely catchup.

Hope you've all behaved yourselves, will go and see what you've all been up to xx

• Haha 1

If I find my debit card, or when I get a replacement, I will certainly get one of those brightly coloured cases. Usually it lives in a small zipped pocket in my shooter's waistcoat or in a similar one on my bag, but somehow I must have dropped it or put it down somewhere.

• Like 1