UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

I'm not planning for Christmas until a few weeks before the event, just in case.  I only really do it for the children, we don't celebrate Christmas as the birth of Christ for the simple reason that we aren't Christians, I just like the pretty lights!

My husband proved how much he loved me earlier, we were eating our scrambled egg and bacon when my latest radiotherapy area started to burn and itch,  he put down his knife and fork and came over to blow on the offending place for me to cool it down! Greater love has no man.....

He bought a rowing machine a few days ago (getting alarmed by his tummy expanding!) so we are both using it. Candy is rather bewildered by it, she sits watching whoever is on it going backwards and forwards a bit like watching a tennis match!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bless candy, exercise is a mind field with my 2 around, why the hell do staffies have to touch you..... literally all the time, trying to use a gym ball is interesting, it varies between trying to attack the ball and licking me!!

Needs to be more than a like status for your post Suzeanna. 🥰 I'm the same as you regarding Christmas too, though for different reasons. Have always been a Christmas Eve shopper - that's what it's for right?

No chance of doing exercise here unless it involves chasing Nick up and down the stairs trying to get his tuggie off him 😂

Philip found a little lump on Candy's tummy, near a nipple.  About pea sized.  We'll give it a couple of weeks to see if there is any change. in the hope it's a bite or sting or something.  It would be just to unfair for her to have a mammary tumour.

Oh ffs, hope candy is o.k, Dakota had a pea sized lump on her ribs, coz she had had other lumps I didn't think to much of it but I did say to my vet Conor it was hard and felt different to a lypoma....true enough it was, I have had another 2 lumps fetched off her, all benign but she has one in her chest now, this is a dog who bounces off the walls on 3 sedatives...I have to wait it out until I can go in with her, I need her vaccinations doing, god alone knows how that will happen, hopefully Conor will tell me to put a mask on and go in with her

Hopefully it's just a fatty lump, we'll see.  Our vet has a "leave dog with someone at the door" rule at the moment, and Candy is petrified of the vet at the best of times.  I'll have to plead with them to let Philip go in with her.

It's a week since my last rt and the blasted thing is burning and stinging really badly...of course it is! It's going to be 27 today! I won't be on here for the rest of the day, Philip's shift is 9.30 till 6 so he'll be using the PC, hope you all have a lovely day.

Hope it's nothing significant. Our vet has a one masked person rule, which was a good thing as Wispa gave me that "I don't want to bite but I can't help myself" look as nurse was cuddling her while vet cleared glands, so I said to stop at once and get a muzzle or nurse would get bitten. She was fine after that.  

Hope Candy's lump is nothing serious Suzeanna.

Jazz, come up here if you want 'cool'. Didn't get above 20 today and lots of cloud so it never felt too hot. Might get a bit of sun tomorrow but still only 21C. No heatwaves here thank goodness.

Jazz, as Candy's a rescue we don't have her exact age, but she's at least ten, as she was microchipped in 2010. She may not have been a pup when it was done, of course.  We think she's older than that, as her hearing and eyesight aren't as good as they were.

Been boiling here and meant to be hotter tomorrow! I did get the lawns mown but I was shattered for about an hour afterwards. My daughter very kindly posted a photo from a taverna overlooking the fabulous beach...you can go off some people!

• Haha 1