UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

When you fall asleep at 5.30 and wake up at 8 not knowing whether you are hungry for breakfast or supper. Had to look where the sun was to find out if evening or next morning. Watered all pots and shrubs etc ready for tomorrow. Now having some supper (I think) then ready to sleep until morning.  I don't feel unwell, just as if I have been doing 12 hour shifts.

yes, Eve. Well, I gave answers to the questions.

It does say it is to the best of my knowledge.

Have spent  today clearing surfaces and  cleaning. My house has never looked so spick and span. 

My treasure of a neighbour has spent most of the day cutting my grass and  strimming  edges  to make the garden look good. he started at 11.30 am and  finished at 6pm.  Even then he asked of there was anything else I wanted him to do.

if you want a peak at my house  it is on Google Maps https://www.instantstreetview.com/@58.490072,-3.897923,17.22h,5p,1z

That is an old photograph. The little trees are much bigger now.

• Like 1

I'd love to live there blackmagic. It looks amazing. I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it.

Better weather today. We might be able to sit out in the garden over the next week or so if the forecast is right.

Ruby has dialled into a work meeting this morning as she's feeling a bit better. 

Pleased Ruby is feeling better, Yantan.

Your house is stunning Blackmagic. Hope all went well with the estate agent and you soon hava a sale. Did you see an area you liked when you were down in Edinburgh?

Glad you're feeling less zombified today Owl.

Was lovely here today, warm and sunny without being too hot. We went down the pub again for dinner. Nice to get out from the house every now and agin.

Quiet in here today so hope everyone is ok xx

Overcast all day but very hot and muggy, clouds came over and went away after about 3 drops of rain. Did a bit of stuff in garden but not much else, though did cook myself a proper supper. Tomatoes are ripening nicely in grobag. Wispa very lively this evening, sprinting up and down garden. 

• Like 1

Glad you got home ok Griff.

Sounds like a good plan to me Owl.

I'm waiting for a call back from the butchers so I can pay for my order. A friend is picking it up later today when she collects her own. 

A local man got a load of abuse of a group of men yesterday because they thought he was Jewish 😱😡 They weren't local - this is the sort of visitors we are getting now. The chap reported them to the police. 

Quite agree Griff.  I think I might have said before, a work mate of my son's was waiting for a bus to work during the lockdown (they are essential workers) and was asked by the police if he was on his way to the mosque, not allowed.  Erm no, I'm Greek!  It seems anyone with a different colour of skin, or a bigger nose or whatever is a target.  

I can't get over the number of idiots getting into trouble at the coast, either.  Getting stuck in mud or cut off by the tide, why don't they check the tide tables. When we went up to Northumberland we went over to Lindisfarne, and checked the times very carefully so we wouldn't be either marooned or stuck halfway back down the causeway.   

I had a text from my daughter, arrived safely in Alonissos after what was apparently a pretty rough ferry crossing from Skiathos.  Ironically, it's meant to be hotter here than there, but at least she's got the lovely warm sea.  

• Confused 1

Not hotter here than anywhere lol. Wasn't too bad earlier and we took the dogs to the beach at low tide where they had a whale of a time. Mix of sun and showers for the rest of the day but we got some garden time in as well. We've got sun and 20c tomorrow while down south it's in the 30's which I really couldn't cope with.

What part of going to a mosque hasn't been allowed Suzeanna? My opinion has only been formed from news clips and social media so may be skewed but I haven't seen any evidence of any clamping down on mass gatherings at mosques.

How can you 'think' someone is Jewish Yantan? There really isn't a look. Having married into a Jewish family I've met all sorts - most who aren't dark haired/skinned or have a hook nose lol. It really is ludicrous. I hate bias of any kind.