UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August ruminations 2020

griff

And you too Suzeanna, hope the result of the CT scan is positive.

Sorry, not been keeping up too well the past couple of days. Will go and have a proper read back now.

Horrible weather here today, lashing down and windy. Not sure how the dogs would have got on on their pack walk but I've got towels at the ready for when they're back.

Good news no cancer, Jazz.

Builder has been to try and fox the garage roof- again. Boiler has been serviced. Also needed a valve changing. The guy who diagnosed the problem said it is a 5 minute  DIY job. It has taken the plumber an hour and a half!.

that doesn't  count the  hour  spent going for the correct valve, as the one he was given didn't fit,  and back aain.

But now I have proper pressure for my hot water.

My great watchdog did not notice him coming in after being away. She was asleep on the couch.

We were forecast heavy  rain today but so far only occasional spots. 

Edited by blackmagic

Haaha blackmagic that made me chuckle about Cleo. Same as my George the night we got our car wheels nicked of the car which was pulled up right beside the front door. He slept right through but if I opened the fridge door whilst he was up the top of the back garden he'd hear that alright!

I happened across this site about dealing with pests in a kind manner so here's the link for anyone else who might be interested:

https://www.animalaid.org.uk/the-issues/our-campaigns/wildlife/unwantedguests/

I read the article about rats, Yantan and found it interesting that they say that rats reputation is really undeserved..or at least that how I interpreted it.  I don't consider the squirrels a pest, they provide Candy with a good deal of exercise!

That's good news Jazz, you can relax now, for a while at least. I think polyps can be nipped off if they are causing problems.

Jazz, I am very relieved to hear your news :)

Blackmagic, good to have hot water again.

Good day here. Damp, showery and very windy, so once I had managed to get a sample from Wispa (easy with the scoop thingy but didn't remove fast enough so it went up my sleeve!) I left her at home while I whizzed off to the vet. Vet rang this evening with good results. Kidney function good, no bugs, so must have been the glands bothering her. She seems to have been ok today. She gave me some disgruntled looks because she didn't go anywhere today, but was pleased that I brought her back some sprats and some of her favourite biccies from Pets @ Home. I had to go into Currys next door to it to get my Kindle replaced, very pleased I have a repair or replace contract as the screen went 2 months ago. I had to wait until they were properly open to deal with it.  Also stocked up at Holland & Barrett and got batteries replaced on both of my watches, which stopped weeks ago. 

That is 2 days running I have been in towns dealing with people and shops and stuff, and I have managed to do everything I planned to do. No wonder I feel tired.  I don't spend much time in civilisation at the best of times and now I have got far too accustomed to dodging it, though wearing a mask makes it easier.  Felt like shouting at a man who coughed and spat on the pavement, but was sure it would have no effect and was worried that he would have come close to me to shout back. On balance, I prefer the company of the illegal fishermen and the flytippers.

Electronic devices worked for us too Blackmagic when we were in France and had a mouse problem.

Pleased that Wispa is clear of bugs and infections. And well done you dealing with the outside world. It's easy here as we just have small local shops, even our Morrisons and co-op is tiny in comparison. I have no wish to go over to Greenock or Glasgow and go to big supermarkets or shopping centres. Not scared of them, just realised I don't need them as I can buy stuff online or do without.

Hmmm Griff, do you have a cabinet in your bathroom where things get 'put'? Either that or your bedside drawers.

• Like 1