UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Hot here already.  Anyone want to take bets on how many idiots are seen walking their dogs at midday? I've got to the age where I don't care who I offend (as long as they aren't waving a knife around!) if I see anyone, I'll ask are they trying to kill their dog?

All these new pockets of Covid are in towns or cities with a high non white population.  Has it occurred to anyone in Government, local or otherwise, that many of them don't read or speak English and don't have a clue about social distancing? They should be printing up tons of posters with all the info in the language that will be understood.  Apparently there are thousands, mainly older women, who have been here for decades and don't speak a word of English.

Good luck today Suzeanna.

Claiming because the holiday was cancelled due to Covid-19 Eve. 

It's 21⁰ here already or 70⁰ in old money. Forecast set for a high of 28⁰ or 82⁰ here. At least that's not as high as some areas but too hot for me.

Sunny and breezy here. The breeze will keep the midgies away.

House is now ready to go on the market. Estate agent coming out next week.  She says she is very busy with lots of people wanting to buy. She has 20 houses under offer.  

Yantan,  there are many complaints on Money Saving Expert forum from  people trying to get refunds for cancelled holidays. So many firms are wanting to give vouchers or refund credits. Unfortunately,  ABTA   are supporting them.

Mainly because they do not have the money to refund everybody at once. 

If it was booked as a package holiday the Package Travel Regulations 2018 oblige the travel agent, as the package organiser, to refund you in full within 14 days of the package cancellation. 

Insurance companies are passing the buck to the holiday companies and say that vouchers or credits are considered monetary recompense.

People are going to have to investigate travel insurance very carefully after this.

Suzeanna, they are saying the escalation of numbers in these places is because  young people are not adhering to social distancing when they  meet up.. 

We now have lots of  tourists  around - many camper vans- so time will tell if it changes things here. Scotland has had no deaths from  covid  for two weeks now .  Numbers of infection are  low and in isolated groups. Only 2 people in ICU.

26.5 indoors with fan on.

I need to get down to the reserve later but will wait until cooler. There is a deceased animal stuck on a weir in the widest and fastest part of our river, and no one can retrieve it. Our boss is trying to get Environment Agency to get it. Our little boats that we have for getting to islands in the lakes would capsize, and any swimmer would be banged against the rocks. Some say dog, others sheep. It would help if I had a look so I know what people are talking about.

Tried to get through to vet as Wispa in discomfort, and I am sure it is anal glands. Phone engaged non stop so have emailed them

Aaagh, wrote a long reply and then lost it all.

Pleased you won the parking appeal Owl and hope Wispa is ok till you get her to the vet.

Warm here but not as hot as you lot have been having. Rained earlier and was still raining when we walked down to the pub for dinner. Real chips 😁 Was very busy but they've really sorted out the layout so it's safe but still enjoyable.

Fingers crossed for a quick sale Blackmagic. Are you going to move Edinburgh way?

• Like 1

Yes, I hope you get a quick sale at the price you want, blackmagic.

I thought our ratty neighbours in the garden had moved on, but Philip saw one earlier mooching across the patio.  He said it was really glossy coated and obviously living its best life! Ah well, it's entitled to it. So long as it doesn't try to come indoors, that is.

Suzeanna, I am the same ... outside, fine.... Inside, full on war!!!! We have traps in the kitchen under the cabinets as the floors of the houses are connected and when the 2 end houses said they had an issue, although we didn't I thought it only fair all 4 houses treat.... however 1 refused and I am sure you can guess who! I don't like poison as it's cruel and dangerous plus you can't control where the poor thing dies so some poor devil ends up getting the stink

Nothing much to say as I've not done much but didn't want today to be empty of comment lol. Weather was better than expected here but not too hot so had a good walk with the dogs, worked in the garden for most of the afternoon then went in and watched the cup final.

We don't have a rat problem here but we did pretend to have a couple of years ago to force the owners of the property behind us to clear up some land that they'd let go wild and had become a dumping ground. They also had Japanese Knotweed growing there which was encroaching into our garden and we had to threaten legal action to get them to get rid of that. Luckily new people have bought the place and they're much better.