UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

We had a couple of showers but was mostly sunny here and quite warm. Dogs were out on their pack walk this morning and Richard had to go over to Glasgow so I got stuck into some housework, made a steak and sausage pie for dinner and wandered into town to post a card for my cousin. Was lovely to have a few hours on my own. Meant to be warm and sunny tomorrow so I can potter around in the garden, hopefully.

• Like 1

That sounds like a pretty good day to me Eve. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

We got our veg box delivery today along with homemade soup, bread, butter, eggs, scones and chocolate orange cake from a lovely local shop. The ladies who own and run it added a chocolate stirrer with marshmallows for Ruby which we thought was a lovely kind gesture. 

• Like 1

Eve it's a lump of chocolate on a stick. You stir hot chocolate with it to make it even more chocolatey. Then you sprinkle the marshmallows on top.

I'm sitting in the car at the hospital. Ruby's been in about 30 minutes. I got very short with the parking addendant who came too close to the car & got stroppy over me being parked in the disabled and concessional area. I told him we'd just arrived and Ruby had gone for the concession permit. I told him this through the closed window and he said he couldn't hear me. I waved him back, opened my window a little and told him that I could hear him thro the window so he should stop being awkward. He told me it's only a metre distancing now. I replied in ideal circumstances it still is 2m. You are in a hospital car park, there are vulnerable people about. I'm shielding. I don't want you standing just a metre away from me with no mask on giving me the 3rd degree. He told me there was no need to be rude about it. Ha!

I'd just had enough as I go through this with the parking attendants every time we are here who jump on me as soon as Ruby goes through the hospital door. They never give us time for her to return with the permit and come way to close to the car. They have also done it as we are ready to leave and Ruby has taken the permit back inside!

Yantan, parking at hospitals can be so stressful - you really don't need that on top of the visit itself. Is this Ruby's last treatment? I really hope so.

Jazz - if your son is happy then I would be happy for him too.

Yantan...I am positive you can have a blue badge, they can issue six month ones, I would look into as although her treatment has finished....the effects can last a long time, I got pins and needles in my feet on the chemo drips and still have it now. I hate little Hitler jobsworths

Jazz, I thought your son's girlfriend moved in before he went to America? If it's your son, is he happy? Then I would let him get on with it....my dad is not happy with my situation but he leaves me get on with it...I am an adult with all my faculties and to be honest, I could fetch a millionaire home and he still wouldn't like him lol

• Like 1

We are home and had soup for lunch which is about all Ruby can manage. She's dozed off.

To add insult to injury at the hospital a car pulled in beside me, leaving no room for Ruby to get in, on a clearly marked "keep clear" area in front of the entrance door. A young woman jumped out and went inside. I'm thinking "gone for a permit & will move into a space when she returns" 20 minutes later she's still inside. Finally a half-an-hour later she came out & got in the car. By now there were 2 free spaces very close but she just sat in the car chatting to her passengers and was still there 15 minutes later when Ruby came out. I had to move back to let Ruby get in the car. And I was the one who got hassled!

Griff you could do with turning up with a millionaire right now! 

• Like 1

My blood pressure just hit the roof. A parking fine which I had challenged a month ago, with photos of the ticket I had bought which had fallen off the windscreen due to the heat that day melting everything, has been doubled to £50 for non payment. Fortunately I didn't get a jobsworth on the phone but a nice helpful man who looked through the records and found that my email with photos had been overlooked, so he will be discussing it with the person who dealt with it and with the team and hopes to get a result quickly. He hopes I can be let off the fine :)

Hospital car parking systems are something else. I parked briefly outside A&E at a hospital in S Wales because I had a casualty who was bleeding heavily and in danger of passing out so had to assist him into A&E and safely into the hands of a nurse, and the parking firm billed me. I wrote to explain and they were having none of it, said I must pay regardless of situation. I never paid and they didn't follow up.

I think it's a very good job I have no licence, I would have been locked up ages ago, I can't stand rude & selfish behaviour in any form

Yantan.... yeah I could do really, dad's uncle is a millionaire but sadly we aren't in touch, the few times I have met him, he has been lovely, still spitting about my brother but it will get figured out! The geek I am with might be skint but I love him to bits and he makes me smile....mostly!

• Like 1

Well, next doors car is still on the driveway... it's more on 25's property than mine so can't really say anything except if we need out and can't manage it then ask them to move which we shouldn't have to do as they shouldn't be there anyway....grrrrrr