UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Obviously crossed fingers don't work..five flipping treatments, not one.  Oh well, could be worse.  He does make me laugh, I was called to his room where he was waiting at the door and he literally gave me this great big bear hug..I was flattened against his chest...then let go, patted me on the shoulders and said I can't hug you, we have to keep a distance.  Er yes Virgil...never mind, bit late now!  They were hoping to do the first treatment today but the x machine whatever that is had been switched off and won't be on again until tomorrow.  We now have to break the news to Philip's manager. 

edit to say V had to measure round the area he wants treated and then he drew a nice purple pen mark ..I look as if some drunk half blind tattoo artist has attacked me! Right in the middle of my chest, where it's impossible to cover unless you wear a polo neck. 

Edited by suzeanna

5, wow.

Lewis has got time off got this Thursday and next Tuesday. my other son isn't getting that im eating less than normal, which is less than a 3 year old lol hes just asked me if I want to go for a meal. not for a few weeks son

Merlins pills have just come. I got all 180 pills on the prescription while I remember

That's tough, Suzeanna. Hoping all the visits go ok. xx

I have been grocery shopping in a real shop for the first time since March. All very well organised and sanitised. Stocked up on favourite booze which is Fever Tree aromatic tonic water, and got double supplies of all non-perishables. The cashier kindly let me do a cashback of coins only as I have run out of pound coins and silver for parking payments and farm gate sales. More tiring than I expected, as I am finding that being around more than 3 or 4 other humans is rather overpowering. I don't think I ever want to go in a pub, cafe, cinema or large store again. Retiring to my hollow tree for the rest of the day.

On the upside, I passed the baker, looked in the window and thought eurrgh. Tastes have changed. Sweet and sticky, no thanks.

We like the Fever Tree ginger beer, much better than other brands.  Well done getting the shopping unscathed!

Philip spoke online to his manager...he's told him to take all the time I have to go off.  Philip argued that he could work before and after appts and was told basically to shut up and do as he's told! Can't be too many companies who would be so accommodating.

• Like 2

That is so brilliant of Philip's managers. Huge kudos to them. And to Ruby's firm. Lovely to know that some employers see their staff as real people going through tough times.

Pleased you survived your shopping ordeal Owl. Where have you been shopping before compared to a "real" shop?

Eve, I have been getting many things online, others on prepay and collect, one of my neighbours gets a few things for me when she goes to ASDA every Monday, and I buy eggs and some fruit and veg from farm gate sales. Wispa has raw food from a local supplier, I order and pay in advance on phone and they bring it out to me. I have people-dodging down to a fine art.

Edited by owl
  • Haha 2

very breezy today.

Vet this afternoon for Cleo's booster. It was delayed by the restrictions for covid and me being in Edinburgh. The vt said they could go over by three months and it was due 30/04 so I have just made it.

Having a quiet today as all that needed to be done is done and I can work away at  rest in my own time.

Had a laugh yesterday  at my grandson's  description of the single track road I live on - the one road with the catalogues ( cattlegrids).

• Like 1

It's faired up after this mornings rain but now the winds got up. It sounds like winter out there.

Owl you made me laugh with your reference to people dodging. My friend and I have found we like doing this so much that we intend keeping it up for the rest of our lives 😂😂😂

I must look up when Candy's booster is due..don't think it's until the end of August, but it might be sooner.

I wasn't keen on the radiotherapy, unlike other machines which are above you but nowhere near touching, this one is actually pressed quite hard against your skin, and the top of it was just under the hollow of my throat, it felt as if someone was choking me.  Only takes five minutes to do, thank goodness.  I don't think I could stick that for too long.

Yantan, there's a t shirt I'd love to get.  It's got a cute dragon on it saying eww, people! Not a fan!  

My daughter is crossing everything in sight that Greece won't suddenly be added to the list of places you aren't meant to go, their flight is Wednesday of next week.  A lot depends on the airlines of course, if they announce they aren't flying there won't be much she can do apart from swear.

Still blowing    gale here with intermittent heavy showers. Not July  weather at all.

Tried to take Cleo to the beach after the vets. Struggled to open the car door against the wind, got blown along the grass and didn't attempt the steps down to the beach. Cleo went down and looked back at us as if to say 'are you not coming?'

Came  home twenty minutes ago in the dry but 5 minutes ago driving , horizontal rain and now the sun  is shining.

I think by the time we get back to 'normal', if ever. we will be so used to keeping our distance that it will be claustrophobic to have someone come up close to us.