UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

I'll look too.

The new tv arrived, two guys put it in the sitting room for us, still boxed of course.  First thing to do was get it onto a table so the base could be put on..good grief that thing is heavy! I don't think my back will ever be the same, I was waiting for a crunch as my vertebrae gave up! Philip is downstairs wrestling with the connections between the tv, the BT box and the DVD player, I'm keeping well out of the way!

Someone from radiography at Weston Park phoned me earlier to ask how I was coping, I said fine thank you.  She sounds very nice but I don't like being called too often, ungrateful of me I know, but one of the breast care nurses phoned earlier in the week to see how I was doing, I don't think they expect me to be so bright and breezy!   The one today  did say that Virgil has said that it might be five fractions of rads rather than the one he told me, I really hope not.  I know Philip's boss is very good but there must come a point when he says you've had too much time off.

Let's hope once they get everything moved in the new neighbours will turn out to be lovely, Griff.  They couldn't be any worse, let's face it!

• Like 1

Good morning. We did ok yesterday as I took Wispa to see my friend who is a groomer and does her pawdicure. We had a good walk round the field and stopped 4 times so that friend could do one paw at a time. She had put clippers in pocket but forgot the muzzle we usually need, and managed without by spacing the clipping so Wispa did not get stressed.  Well done friend and Wispa!

Then we visited the reserve on the way back so Wispa could have a good splash in the stream as it was getting rather hot. The day before, she had jumped in and a fox jumped out. Yesterday it was a short eared owl who shot out at some speed. They like that stream but normally go there for the winter. Quite a surprise to find one there at this time of year. Very pretty birds.

Staying at home today as will be raining until late.

Hope everyone is OK. 

• Like 1

Aw good girl Wispa and well done your friend Owl managing the pawdicure.

Still rainy and overcast here. I'm not bothered as we can't get out and certainly wouldn't want to try to go any where local. Far too many idiots acting like there's no such thing as C-19.

The local police have had to team up with National Trust and Forestry Commision staff to go on patrols to stop the inconsiderate wild camping that is still going on. This is not the genuine wild campers, who come to appreciate the countryside and leave no sign of their stay, but a new subset of the human race who care for nothing but their own selfish pleasures. The worst of it is that they argue with the patrols as they really think they are entitled to do what they want, where they want when they come here. 

It is happening all over, Yantan. People flocking to Snowdon and parking where illegal, people in S Wales parking on a lifeboat slipway and one of them assaulting a member of RNLI shore crew when asked to move. These are folk who don't know how to behave in the countryside or at the beach because they rarely go there as a rule. 

There is enough countryside for everyone to enjoy if they spread out a bit but they are heading to the popular places. 

It has rained/poured all day here but  is warm.

No gardening today.My helpful neighbour managed to cut all the grass yesterday so it looks good for now.

Have spent the day clearing out more  stuff. 

Our recycling centres are still closed so am having to store the bags. I am trying to get as  much as I can in the bin as we can put anything on them as long as it fits in. There are still bags of stuff left over though.

I am waiting for my DIL and grandson to arrive so the peace will b shattered then.

Been showery here rather than pouring.

I agree, Owl.  A lot of people seem to regard the countryside as some sort of theme park, where they can go where they want and do what they like.  I read about the lifeboat shore crew being assaulted, and the young lad who challenged day trippers about leaving rubbish and was attacked for his pains.  I think the virus must be affecting some people's brains!  As for the DJ who blocked a motorway for a car rally of some sort and the police just stood by and watched, words fail me!  We don't want a police force like the USA, who seem ready to draw guns at the drop of a hat, but honestly ours are completely useless unless they are on a tv programme.

Apparently to put the new tv through it's paces, we're watching Deadpool tonight.  Nice jolly film...not! Funny though if you don't mind the language..and blood...and guts...

• Like 1

It sounds like people have gone feral since lockdown. Fingers crossed, it hasn't happened here, but then there's not much sign of visitors either. Hope the protestors at the border haven't put people off forever.

Cloudy with a bit of drizzle here but still quite warm. Weather could still with a bit of a reminder that it's actually July and we could do with a bit of sunshine. Maybe August will deliver.