UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

That was a nice surprise for you Eve.  The only time my son dropped in on us unexpectedly was years back, when we were living the other side of Chesterfield.  He was on his way to Manchester and decided to drop in...we'd gone shopping, so he climbed in through the kitchen window.  Our dopey dobe Topaz was so scared by the intruder she peed all over the floor, we came home to find him mopping up.  He was lucky it was her in the kitchen and not her brother...Mark would have mopping up blood!

• Haha 1

The home check is sorted. Henry's hopefully going to friends of mine who stepped up to help. Nice to see the rescue sticking to procedure though 👍🙂

May has a new permanent home  - in fact there was more than one would-be adopter who applied for her, both eminently suitable so the rescue people had a hard decision to make.

• Like 1

Henry is going to my friends for fostering on Thursday 👍

I'm watching Vivienne Westwood spouting off such a load of rubbish on BBC news about Julian Assange. She is making a ridiculous spectacle of herself. She's of the same ilk as those anti vaxxers and conspiracy theorists on FB. They are terminally stupid. It would be laughable if it wasn't so alarming. How do they hold down jobs and negotiate life with no critical thinking skills?

• Like 1

Good luck to Owl. I don't spend that much time on social media but you don't half miss it when you can't get on.

Finally got round to booking a hair appointment today. 12th August was the first I could get! Think it was February I last got it cut so another couple of weeks doesn't make much difference.

Fingers crossed for Owl!

After my onc telling me I wouldn't  need a scan on Monday..straight on to treatment..I had a phone call from Weston Park radiography with an appointment for a scan! I told her I was confused, as he'd said not necessary.  I'm waiting for her to get a sensible answer out of him tomorrow.  Philip had a Skype one to one with his manager this afternoon  and told him about the appointment and he insisted that Philip take the Monday and Tuesday off! Not as part of his holiday entitlement, but because BT like to care for their employees health, mental and physical.  Can't fault them, or Nick (manager.)

• Like 2