UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Tesco still in Covid mode here Jazz!

I had a phone appt with my oncologist on 2nd September, but as there is a new lump thing on my chest just under the hollow of my throat which seems to be happily growing I phoned the onc's secretary this morning to ask if they could give me an earlier appt.  She phoned just now to say yes, face to face on Friday 17th!  I don't know if he'll say more radiotherapy, it seemed to have done the trick with the original lumps or if there won't be a chance of that as this one is nearer to the heart.  

Hope Ruby doesn't have too bad a time today and for the next couple of weeks.

I couldn't get on before as I'm on a new phone and have had to sign in to everything and of course had a hunt for some of my passwords.

Eve I have a problem with 2nd home owners getting the grants when some of them refused to refund holidaymakers until TPTB took action and forced them too. Also many of them haven't paid their cleaners anything. There are some decent one's that didn't think twice and gave refunds and carried on paying their cleaners and I applaud them. 

Talking of refunds we still haven't had ours from the company we booked our flights and QM2 through 😒 It's a lot of money and we could do with it now as we have a number of unexpected expenses.

Ruby dreads these chemo sessions. It hits her almost right away and she does not enjoy the car trip home. She'll have a not very pleasant 10 days, give or take, now.

• Sad 1

my friends daughter is 28, I told you they found bowel cancer and cut a lot out? shes not going to have chemo. my friends son had more cancer cut out of his scalp and 2 nodes taken out today, hes on his way home

I really feel for Ruby, I hate Wednesday for that exact reason...my side effects are mild really, nausea and stomach pains today with a headache and extreme fatigue tomorrow but I will usually be o.k by tomorrow Evening Friday morning...give her a very gentle squeeze from us xx

Medicine is a marvelous thing and it's incredibly clever what they can do for people but some of the effects are as bad as the diseases themselves

• Sad 1

Poor Ruby, it'll be worth it in the long run though, same I hope for you, Griff.

Remember back in May I was referred to a vascular consultant because of my dilated aorta? Never heard a thing? The onc's secretary (another Kelly, good name!) chased it up for me and told me that they had come back saying it should have been cardiology, not vascular. So she sent it to cardiology at Chesterfield Royal.  Not a sausage.  She's chased it again and found the Royal have sent it on to Northern General in Sheffield! Apparently the MDT team (multi department team?) will be discussing my case on the 4th August, so I might hear something after that..not holding my breath though. 

Griff, how's your mum? Is her leg any better?

Eve, both you and Owl have had the mental strain of seeing close relatives or partners suffering with their illnesses, so no doubt although some of us have the physical problems, you haven't escaped the emotional ones!  

Another glorious day with the sun beating down.  Ok, I'm lying.  It's raining again.

• Like 1