UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

No, they weren't 6ft back

It was great, really professional, temperature taken, seat sanitised along with his tools, I was asked to sanitise my hands and you have to wear your own mask, I was then seated and given a disposable gown, my stylist had a mask on, visor, disposable apron and sanitised his hands too. They preferred a card payment which I could provide but the gent who got his hair cut at the same time as me ( there was a seat empty between us) he couldn't, he had to pay cash so they put kitchen roll into a plastic basket, he put the money in, they sprayed it with Dettol and rubbed it with the kitchen roll so it was all sanitised. They were doing no walk ins and won't be for the next few weeks ( it's usually a non appointment salon). He has done a really nice job although I will have to get used to it again lol

that was what interested me. how they did social distancing. I cant go to a hairdressers, cant breathe with the chemicals, so my friend comes who does mobile. 

im going to stick to soup and pasta, that I can keep down. My friend said stick to chicken, not tomato. I have 2 tins of chicken and 16 TINS OF TOMATO!!!! that's just what I can see at the front of the cupboard

Owl, that sounds horrendous and straight out of Midsomer Murders! Can the Trust do as Griff suggests and put some cameras up? It sounds like it's getting dangerous when wheel nuts are being loosened.

No haircuts here till 15th July, I'm assuming the 2m rule will be relaxed for that but it hasn't been explicitly mentioned. It stays for just about everything else and from next Friday we have to wear masks in shops even though we haven't had to for the past 14 weeks and presumably next week is safe too. Wonder why the virus is going to be particularly virulent from then in Scotland but nowhere else. You wicked English people haven't been breathing hard in our direction have you and your germs are set to land then 😂 Everything is your fault, don't you know.

• Haha 1

Griff, I mentioned a bird box to my daughter, she's going to look for one but put it up in the garden rather than right behind the back door.  Their place has a funny set up, the house and the garden are nowhere near each other! 

Eve, I see Nicola is talking about the English having to be quarantined if we dare to put a foot into Scotland, we obviously are wicked and germ laden!

I took the Chariot of Fear out today to walk with Philip and Candy, said oh, it doesn't go very fast does it? Philip got that long suffering look that men get at times, strolled back and altered a control knob I hadn't noticed from the tortoise symbol to the hare. After which I nearly ran over Candy!

Nastiness all round Owl, they sound as bad a rival football supporters.  Don't let it get to you, for heaven's sake.

It's no wonder Leicester have a spike in infection, I was reading about the clothing manufacturing there...all close together, no PPE of any sort and worse of all, they are only paid £4 an hour, which is against the law.  Some there who preferred to stay anonymous said even when people had symptoms they were told to come in and shut up or they'd lose their jobs.  Of course, all the employees are non white and not only work but live close together, perfect storm.

• Haha 1

Not just the clothing industry Suzeanna, they had a huge BLM rally with no social distancing whatasoever recently but that won't have caused it obviously.

Had to laugh at the scooter incident. Hopefully no Candy's were hurt - aim for Philip next time lol.

I am seriously investigating buying a house in Berwick on Tweed if it gets any worse up here. Seen one that could be perfect on Rightmove earlier. Woo hoo we could nearly be neighbours Yantan lol. It's at joke level at the moment but if it gets any nastier I'm off. Richard is English and I spent the majority of my life there. I was so happy to come back to my homeland but I won't put up with the vitriol that is being spewed out at the moment in the name of 'Nationilism'. It's evil and divisive. Mini rant over lol. You can tell I've had too much time to think lately.

Edited by eve
spelling

Are you meaning generalised vitriol, Eve or has some been directed at Richard, being English?  I have a Scottish friend..lives in Perthshire somewhere (I'm awful with geography!) and her husband is English, but she hasn't mentioned any trouble.  My daughter in law is half Scottish, her brother lives in Stranraer and is very strongly SNP, you'd never dream he had a drop of English blood despite his mum coming from Sheffield.

The wind is picking up out there, the trees over the road are really bending!

I am going for generalised suzeanna coz most people who know English people if they are Scots and Scots people if they are English don't generally have an issue with each other... it's just political, and to be fair ( no offence meant) it wouldn't matter what the party in power in England said or did ....it would just be wrong