UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Awww, poor little sparrow, could your daughter put a bird box up for the bird incase she wants to stay in the same area? To be honest, the fact it's right in the oath to the bins shouldn't be a problem, as long as you are careful...we just cordon off the area things are living like the bumble bees, they ended up with half my lawn lol

Owl, don't you want a television?? 

Catfishing is so common, I mean, we are just people on a screen....you can be who or whatever you want. Nobody would be able to find out anything about me as I no longer exist on the internet...not on the public electoral roll, don't use my name or details etc

im someone else on there. I talk to someone who doesn't know who I am, that hurt me as my other name. 

what I don't get on catfish, they immediately find the person, using the info the victim had. why didn't they find them?

• Like 1

You talk to someone who hurt you??? Why on earth would you waste your time with them!! If you are having to talk to them under a different name then they aren't worth your time.

There's no deception on my part,the people I get to know well on forums get to know my proper name etc, I would just prefer not to have to tell my family to sod off and although if I saw him in the street I would say hi, I wouldn't particularly want my ex back in my life!

I like having a TV especially in winter. The story with mine is that all the frequencies were changed at end of Jan. I followed instructions on how to reset it but nothing worked. Then came several weeks of high winds followed by heavy rains and we were marooned while neighbouring villages were flooded. I planned to get the engineer to sort it out and get a cable down to my bedroom at the same time so I can watch my small set upstairs.  For this we needed more sensible weather. Then somehow I got involved in other stuff, and then we went into lockdown. 

• Like 1

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, then? 

I just had to share this, which someone posted on a local birdwatching site: 

"For the last two years I have run a wildlife site on Facebook featuring stills and video of Badgers, Barn Owls and Foxes. This last 3 months I have through Facebook live producer been streaming live footage direct from the Barn Owls nest Box onto my site as they laid six eggs which have now hatched. It’s like a mini Springwatch site. On Monday I and my stream was blocked by Facebook for contravening community standards on Adult Nudity and sexual activity. I have tried in vain to contact Facebook to find out what the hell is going on, I immediately objected to this decision but have heard nothing. After the block was lifted after 24 hours I carried on thinking that common sense would prevail and they would see their error. Alas no as last night exactly the same thing occurred for exactly the same reason. Now my site has built up quite a following and there are a lot of angry people out there wanting to know what the hell Facebook are playing at including me and the lack of opportunity to contact them is at the least very frustrating. Any ideas on how this could resolved?"

You couldn't make it up. Since when did owls (apart from me) wear clothes? 🦉

• Confused 1

I lost my account because someone complained I was a business. doing what? I didn't get it back. are males called c ocks? might be it

bindi just screamed from the bedroom. me and the dogs went running …. has she had a fit? hurt herself? … no, she had dropped her chew down the back of boxes, bags. just had to move it all, put it back differently, to get her ruddy chew back!

The first few posts on this page are from a novel, right? Intrigue and fake personas lol. My life is sooo boring in comparison.

Bindi sounds like Nick Jazz. He is a total clown with his chewies, tossing them around and chasing after them but if one goes in an inaccesible (to him) place the whole house knows about it.

Hope you get your TV problems fixed Owl. Think I'd only miss football if I didn't have one but I could mostly watch those online. Richard watches TV a lot so it's often on but I only listen to the radio and read if he's not here.

Heavy rain here today so didn't get the dogs out till 6ish. Lovely blue skies now but more rain forecast for tomorrow.

Was going to have a rant on something but probably best not to. Life is what it is.

• Like 1

Whatever it is you didn't rant about, I hope it will work out ok xx

Bindi is a little drama queen.

Life on the reserve is getting like a novel in quite the wrong way. 2 years ago some dog walkers found a note on the windscreen of their car accusing them of illegal fishing. When they drove off they found their wheel nuts had been loosened. Luckily they found out while still on the byway before they reached a main road. A couple of days ago the same thing happened, this time to one of the many cars parked on the approach road to the visitor centre. The main gates and car park are shut at present but people can access the reserve via a stile as it is public footpath. No note was left, but the technique was the same as 2 years ago. The results were more dangerous as the driver got on to the main road before the wheels came loose. It was just luck that there was not a bad accident.  There was no way anyone could have thought this driver was a fisherman. It's very worrying, and the authorities are taking it seriously. 

• Sad 1

Jazz, we have no way of finding them to kick said arses unless someone gets lucky and spots them in action. The one two years ago was probably a rogue birdwatcher to judge by the note, and people are accusing birdwatchers of doing this one. The fishermen in the area hate the Notts Wildlife Trust because they can't fish on our lakes, and frankly some of the birders are an arrogant lot thinking that they can trespass wherever they like anywhere in the county. A bit like the fishermen lol. Anyway, a couple of the fishermen went for me hammer and tongs on the Retford facebook site where the victim of the last attack posted, over decisions made by the executive committee of the Trust in various parts of Notts and the fact that they can't fish in certain lakes.  That is like going into Tesco and having a go and the checkout operator about decisions made by the top brass. I saw that last thing at night and ended up being too upset to sleep. To say I am sticking my head in the sand when tyres are being slashed in the local villages allegedly by birdwatchers ... unbelievably nasty, but not answering because they want me to defend myself so they can have another go at me.  All I care about is keeping humans and animals safe on the reserve. Another warden made a very sensible post in my support, and I think the guys are starting to look like the bullies they are. 

I suppose it got to me because of my love for the reserve and the effort I have put into it for the last 6 years. I do actually think the wheel nut business may be a birder gone psycho, and I am not a happy owl to have someone like that around the place, but tyre slashing in surrounding villages could be something else. 

Edited by owl

Whack some wildlife cameras up...that's what councils do to catch fly tippers... people can't go round doing stuff like that, it's insane! 

Been and had my haircut, all well handled

Steve bought me new shoes today...dead excited, he won't normally buy women's stuff, he didn't need to treat me but it's nice to be spoilt