UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

It seems to be. Most is known brands, the mini coriander naans have about 2 days to go but I have frozen them. The nut milk is April 2021. Also got, of all things, a Baskerville Ultra muzzle. I am now nibbling chilli and lime peanuts which are 6 weeks out of date but taste ok. Tinned stuff has reasonable dates. After the incident with the alcoholic baked beans I am not taking chances. The peppermint teabags are out of date but they can hardly go off. The worst they can do is make a slightly weaker brew.

Wispa finally sauntered down stairs at 2 this afternoon while I was eating cheese sandwich. Her built-in cheese sensors work even when she is asleep. Ate breakfast at what is her usual dinnertime. Not impressed with the very soggy garden and went back to sleep.

I have put the heating on for a bit!

Been a surprisingly warm and sunny day here. Back to heavy rain tomorrow though. Lots of pottering in the garden got done by us all.

I'm not over fussed with use by dates and will eat something a bit past the date if it looks and smells ok but don't think I could deliberately buy something that was out of date. Had a quick swizz of that site and a lot of it was.

I don't really use anything out of date, the market we go to has stalls that sell the out of date stuff...some of it is 2 years out...we don't touch it. I don't really use anything tinned, I tend to eat a lot of pasta, rice, veg 

So do I but keep tins of some things as backup for emergencies.  I have tried the hazelnut milk and it is excellent.

Wispa is back to what passes for normal with her. Up at 5.30, breakfast and a wander in the garden then back to sleep. Looks much brighter, moving better. 

• Like 1

I'm ok eating stuff I've bought in date going out of date but I don't want to buy out of date stuff if that makes sense. I found a Muellers rice pud pot in the back of the fridge the other day. It was 4 days past its sell by but was perfectly alright. Had it been meat I wouldn't have chanced it though.

Very glad to read Wispa is back to her version of normal Owl.

• Like 1

Good to hear Wispa is back to normal, Owl.  

Hot, Jazz? Cold wind and raining here! All my fault for getting a scooter you shouldn't use in the rain, no doubt.

My daughter is most disappointed, a sparrow had built a nest in the ivy opposite her kitchen door and there was one chick.  It's died.  I pointed out that it was a ruddy silly place to have a nest anyway, only about two foot off the floor and right by the path to the bins and probably a young mum who didn't really know how to care for her one and only offspring.  I've told her to cut the ivy right back and dispose of the nest so it won't be tempted to try again.  Better luck next time!

im getting hooked on 'catfished'. I didn't know what it meant till this week. why, have these people had it happen to them a few times, and if you haven't actually met the person in 2 years, why the hell would you think you want to marry them?