UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jubilation

griff

Wow....July already! Hopefully this month will see people behaving with more consideration for others ( I think I may be somewhat optimistic!!) And that those who are shielding will get their freedom next month as planned. I have my haircut booked for the 4th of July.... hopefully we won't get locked down before then! Not sure when I will venture to the pub, I think there could well be a lot of trouble the first few nights with people taking things to excess...yes, I want a pint at my local, yes, I want to see my friends but I don't want to get mixed up in anything where people want to ruin a good night and I also don't want to get the dreaded virus.....yet, need to get my mum better first.

Hoping this month sees us all keeping well xx

Hope it is a better month and heralds a better half of the year!

Can't believe the number of hypocrites round here! About a dozen people standing over the road waiting for Dick's hearse to arrive and at least two thirds of them I've heard bad mouthing him.  I suppose they could be there just to make certain he's really gone!

What a complete arse of a year it's been.

We don't get to go out until the end of September or early October but it is what it is. 

I think it could well be mayhem in some pubs. Can you imagine drunken people sticking to the rules and social distancing? It'll be like herding cats. Griff I'm glad to hear you plan to wait for it to settle down before going 👍

Suzeanna, death does funny things to people...me, if they are a wrong'un I will say it regardless of if they dead or alive, can't be two faced

Yantan....I think it's safer to let things settle down a bit

I'm baffled.  I've joined the ranks of the folk losing things that should be obvious! I've got two bright pink plant pot holders, the sort with a hanger that you can put on a fence.  The fence is really overgrown with shrubs now, I took one off last summer and put it by the planters on the floor, the other was still on the fence.  I promised them to my daughter...took the one on the fence off, looked for the other and it's totally vanished! It's not huge but it's not tiny either, how can it not be visible?

Had to move the scooter so I could get the garden and recycling bins out and did a neat turn on the driveway without hitting anything.  I've decided to call it the Chariot of Fear..not sure if I mean mine or other people's! Hippie Motors do some good stickers, I'm going to personalise it.  Philip suggested jacking it up at the back so it would bunny hop but I think that's a step too far.

• Haha 3

I suspect some people just go to funerals in order to dress up smartly, impress other people and get free drink and food. There was a woman who was a colleague of mine in care work until she got the sack for lying and troublemaking, and a more gossipy, meddling, manipulative, two-faced person you would not find anywhere. Her local nickname was Funeral Queen because she was always at every local funeral whether she knew the person or not, dressed up in very smart black clothes and black hat with a little veil. 

Good morning all. We overslept. I have been doing stuff online since 8.30 but Wispa has not even come down for breakfast. Last awake at 4 am when she asked to go out. Looks quite comfortable and well, just asleep. 

Wispa does sleep a lot but usually wants breakfast around 6 or 7 so this is unheard of! But she did have quite an exciting evening visiting and going for walk with friend, who trimmed her claws as well. And met friend's dogs through fence. A lot of swearing and posturing at first but settled down.

Edited by owl

Bindi isn't a morning dog, she stays in bed till im about to put their breakfast down, often she doesn't want it, I don't worry, just put it in the fridge for tea

been to Tesco. it was busy, but got what I wanted, then got a fold up chair, a little plastic dog bed and a sheepskin cushion cover that ive put in the bed, bindi is already in it

knackered now

Archie slept a lot in his old age and I often had to wake him up to remind him to eat something - he always was a grazer - and then take him out in the garden for a piddle. 

I've phoned an order into our local butchers and paid over the phone too. My friend is going to pick the order up when she goes to collect her own this afternoon. She'll bring it round and collect 2 bags of BBQ charcoal I got for her of one of our neighbours who makes it himself. It's all done at a very safe distance and is now a well rehearsed routine 👍