UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

If folk living here didn't use their mobility scooters in the rain they wouldn't go out much! Or is that the reason the local Fiat dealers set up as a mobility scooter sales & service outlet?? 😂😂😂

Our builders have been and found a missing slate which has now been replaced. If we still have a leak they'll come back.

One of my brothers has emphysema and his GP suspects he has contracted Covid-19. He was getting tested yesterday. 

Oh I do hope he has not caught it.

Glad you got leak sorted.

Suzeanna, new witness statements about the young woman and the swan. It is said that the swans were fighting and several people tried to split them up and eventually she climbed down because one was trying to drown the other. A local person was advising her to back off then the scooter guy pushed him in. 

Thank F&£k June is over Jazz lol.

Hope your brother is ok Yantan.

Strange twist with the swan story Owl. Do they often fight and try to drown each other? I have always had a healthy respect for them, mind you. I remember one trying to attack Kai (a huuuge GSD) when he was paddling about in the water at Loch Lomond. Big dope was totally oblivious to them but we called him back out of the water just in case.

Hope the doc is wrong about your brother, Yantan or at least if he's right it's only a mild case.

I know drakes can drown ducks whilst trying to mate with them, never seen swans doing it though.

Neighbour's funeral tomorrow, his son has invited us to go round but we won't be.  I've lent them some chairs so that's my contribution.  I've got a good excuse, I shouldn't be mixing closely with a lot of people I don't know. Hope the rain holds off for them, they've put up a big gazebo thing in the garden.

Yes, male swans fight aggressively over territory especially if they have cygnets around or a mate sitting on nest. Their courtship is quite romantic and elegant, nothing like the scrum that mallards go in for, so would not have been mating.

Wispa and I were attacked in a country park by a swan whose mate was sitting on eggs. We were the opposite side of a lake but he came whooshing across to have a go at Wispa and came out of the water at us. Wispa was excellent, she understood we had to get off the path and back into the trees which were hazels and birches quite close together.  Swans can't run without spreading their wings, so he couldn't get in.

Suzeanna, quite right not to risk mixing with a lot of people.

We had a similar experience at a local pool where I used to live, the make swan was renowned for attacking people and dogs...he had no reason except he liked to do it, he flew the length of the pins and had a go at my dog diesel....I rung my dad and said what do I do?? He just said do whatever you have too to look after the dog, he really was a nasty s*d....if it wasn't you he was going after it was kind of funny. He got killed on the road a couple of years ago and literally everyone was upset... despite his meanness.