UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

Happy Birhday Merlin ❤

We have a hedgehog that has a run right across all the gardens of this row. Our next-door-but-one neighbour, Mandy who works at our vets, is the local go-to expert for all things hedgie. She rehabilitates injured or sick hedgehogs and lost or orphaned baby hogs. Anyway the resident hog waits outside her front door every night at dusk for his dinner which she provides. I was out in the garden taking the air a few weeks back and could hear Mandy chatting away to him when she brought his meal out.

As regards the idiots both on beaches and elsewhere and on social media it just goes to show that you cannot cure stupid. It is however rather alarming just how many there are 😮

Black magic I'm very glad you managed to get a car you like. I hope you have many happy miles of motoring in it 👍

Owl that is very considerate of you to make that buffer twixt your garden & cemetery.

• Like 1

Oh dear Owl, I am sorry to read that.

We will be deluged from next Saturday with people coming here from all over the UK. We have 14 holiday cottages on our street. Different people every week, week after week. The possibilities for the transfer of Covid-19 and then it being taken back to all parts of the country must be a risk. We are not looking forward to it at all particularly with Ruby being so vulnerable. 

Oh dear owl.... there's quite a number of people who have developed covid nearby to my city...the hospital is not the one that mum goes to thankfully!

Yantan...I honestly don't envy you, I have found a solution to people using my bins though!! We have bin locks, cost us £63 but it's done the trick, I got ours off eBay but you have to check it will fit your bin as there are apparently different types of wheelie bins....as I found out

Happy Birthday Merlin. Hope you got spoiled rotten.

Glad you got a suitable car Blackmagic.

That sounds a nightmare Yantan. Hope you and Ruby stay safe. Although Dunoon is a holiday town it doesn't really get the hordes any more. In fact one of the big hotels that catered for the coach parties has gone into administration and won't be reopening any time soon. Several of the coach companies have also gone into administration too so that will hit a lot of local businesses that depend on those visitors. We hope to have a break in the Lake District later this year but not till the cottage companies stop trying to fleece everyone with their over inflated prices.

Good morning.  A problem to solve today ... how to get a swan who seems even dimmer than average into the right enclosure. It must have hit the fence when flying between the 2 lakes. Yes, it can fly if it went back and took a run to get itself airborne rather than trying to squeeze through sheep fencing. Too big for me to deal with alone last night, and will exhaust itself.  Hoping to find a fellow warden or a sensible bird watcher this morning. We need to herd it round to the field gate then across the lane and into the right field.

No Griff, the swan would simply square up to the dog. Swans are like

like airliners. They need a long runway on ground. Fortunately it seems to have gone today. Most swans have flown back to the river so it's likely that

that this one joined them as they flew over. All birdbrain had to do to get airborne was turn round away from the fence.

• Haha 1

Glad the swan is sorted, or has sorted itself.

I've admitted defeat.  A man is coming round tomorrow to bring a mobility scooter for me to try out.  I went into Chesterfield with Philip this morning and I barely managed 50 yards before the pain started in my legs and feet and this time when I said I need a scooter, he agreed.  It's a Go Go Elite, I remember Snow recommending those when I was talking about them to her.  Just hope if it's ok and I get it that Candy will walk with me and not be scared.  She does go up to people on scooters to say hello, so she should be ok.  I remember back in my showing days, a woman showed her papillons from a scooter.  Some tried to get her banned, saying it scared their dogs,, but I think the truth was more that her dogs were better than theirs and they didn't like losing!