UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

1 hour ago, owl said:

Good news of the day, after searching for months I have found the keys to the padlock for the hedgehog zone at end of garden.  Exactly where I expected them to be, on the keyholder by back door, where all spare keys live. I had even tried them but they didn't work, so I assumed they must be extras for the side gate. It suddenly struck me today that I should make sure of that. Too big for side gate padlock, so the answer was obvious. They could only belong to hedgehog gate, and the padlock must be rusted shut. Attacked it with WD40, all sorted now :)

Great news about the keys! Maybe if you happen to know where my glasses are you could help me too?! I feel I am turning into my mum, I've never had a problem with losing things until the last few weeks. Until then I used to have a bit of talent for finding lost things.

Wish it would rain here. 33.3 degrees yesterday down the road at Heathrow.

We had heavy rain and thunder but it only lasted about five minutes, sun is back out now and it feels hotter than before..but maybe that's just me.

I saw that video of Chatsworth, Phebe.  They need to remember that the public can use that area by the grace of Duke and no doubt he could close it.  Can't close the road, as it's a through road, but they can stop people going down to the river.

Yes, Blackmagic, all the Ibiza and Marbella lot are transferring their behaviour to home soil, more's the pity.  I was listening to Jeremy Vine  at lunch time...oh that man makes me mad! He was talking to a councillor at Bournemouth and saying well, you have the beach all year, wouldn't it be better if locals couldn't use the beaches in the summer so people who don't live near a beach can? Not surprisingly, he later said his idea got shot down in flames.  He also said well, the people may live there but it's not their beach, beaches belong to all of us.  Yes you twerp, but no doubt their council tax pays for the beach cleaning, the bins, the loos etc? Typical ruddy Londoner.

Oh..after a phone call where I actually got through to the vascular department at the hospital, I found from one of the secretaries that I shouldn't have been referred to them.  It should have been cardiology.  Hang on...the aorta is part of the vascular system, isn't it? Erm, yes but we don't deal with it.  Ah, ok.  So you passed the referral onto the right department, yes? Erm, no.  We emailed the doctor who sent it to us to tell us he had to refer it to the right department.  Silence from me whilst I contemplated this.  I wouldn't mind betting the blasted departments are next to each other! Ruddy NHS red tape!

On a brighter note, Philip has two weeks off, starting today.  Now, where shall we go? Back garden? Front garden? Living room? Summer house? The options are mind boggling!

• Haha 1

Suzeanna Jeremy Vine got into trouble over something he said about idiots coming here & trashing the place. However he got so much backlash he peddled it back very quickly and said he hadn't meant it the way it was taken or some such excuse. Can't stand him.

We had a little rain early but nothing since and the temperature has gone up since, though nothing like yesterday, but its significantly more humid today.

And now I've forgotten what else I was going to say in reply to other posts! It's the weather - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

And a very good excuse it is too Yantan 😂

Pleased you sorted the keys out Owl. We don't have a precise hedgie zone in our garden.They just wander wherever they feel like, usually where the birds are messiest but often find them in other spots, hopefully before Nick does!

That's so frustrating Suzeanna. Hope you get referred soon.

Bit humid here but not unbearably hot. Lots of rain forecast for the next few days too. Probably why we'll never get the hordes invading our little beach. Though Honey was most put out this morning when a man and his dog were on HER bit of beach. There's a secluded bit at the end of the main beach which hardly anyone goes to and Honey thinks of as  her private domain. She gave them a good telling off before stomping back to the car. That told them lol.

My missing glasses were under the sofa Karen - and, no, I have no idea how they got there. Might be worth a look?

• Haha 1

I managed to buy my Skoda  today.  The first I was interested sold before I did anything, the second was bought on the internet the day I  was arranging to view it. Third time lucky but it is dearer than I rally wanted to pay and higher milage than   the others but  a very nice  car with a   higher spec than th others. 

I should collect it next weekend once it has been trough the workshop.. It had com in just before lockdown so hadn't been touched.  

It was a pleasure to drive after the  Insignia.

• Like 2

That's good, blackmagic.

The reason I have a special hedgehog zone is not just because of the hogs. We have a very long narrow garden which backs on to the cemetery.  When I had the fencing done it made sense to have a buffer zone, so that people tending the nearest graves and having a quiet moment thinking about their departed loved ones were not disturbed by Wispa shoving her face through the railings and barking at them.  Also, one side of that area has big trees at all angles which would make for tricky fencing.  The gate has to be locked against naughty people getting into cemetery at night and nipping through the backs of the gardens and raiding garden sheds. Hedgehogs also need protection from Wispa who loves them and thinks they should all be indoors with us, just because I have in the past taken in a couple of underweight youngsters who were then moved to hog hospital. 

• Like 1

Good morning.

Polytunnel watering duty at Muddy Fork garden project over this weekend.  Mouse removal no longer needed as a MINK has turned up and they seem to have all vanished. Never thought I would have a good word to say for them, but they seem to be good for tomato production. 

I cant remember the last time I saw a hedgehog round here unless it was squashed on the road.  Most of the neighbours have solid fencing all round their gardens, so there is no way they can wander from one to another.  

Mink..ugh, goodbye to most of our small creatures when they move into an area! Bad news for the mice but good news for your tomatoes.

Philip was walking Candy on the local playing field last night and saw four lesser black backed gulls circling.  Don't know what they find so interesting around here! He said one swooped really low and he could see it's legs clearly and definitely lessers.

I see the usual numpties are saying that the crowds on the beaches are fake news and photo shopped, so the police can use greater powers on us poor innocent public people.  It does make you wonder what some folk have for brains.

12 hours ago, eve said:

My missing glasses were under the sofa Karen - and, no, I have no idea how they got there. Might be worth a look?

Good idea, I will go and check now. I looked down the side of the sofa cushions yesterday, but not underneath!

I went to the market today...we always go early anyway but it was packed as we were leaving...tonnes of hand sanitizer for people to use.. people just walked past it!! Social distancing??? We kept standing back and waiting but others would just walk right in front of you and the arrows stating one way..... number of people walking the wrong way!! We got p*ssed off and left quickly

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, suzeanna said:

I cant remember the last time I saw a hedgehog round here unless it was squashed on the road.  Most of the neighbours have solid fencing all round their gardens, so there is no way they can wander from one to another. 

I see the usual numpties are saying that the crowds on the beaches are fake news and photo shopped, so the police can use greater powers on us poor innocent public people.  It does make you wonder what some folk have for brains.

Hedgehogs come into our gardens through the cemetery railings.

One person said that the Chatsworth brawl was fake and clickbait as she knows Chatsworth and there is no where like that on the estate. In fact the estate is huge and there are plenty of grassy spaces like that. The seaside stuff is certainly happening and is more widespread than the media are saying. My various coast-dwelling friends, actual not just Facebook friends, are seething.

Griff, we are not safe anywhere from the stupidity of folk.