UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

Eye test went fine, only waiting outside fro a few minutes and it was in shade.  Eye health very good,  photos of eyes identical to some taken in 2009 so doing well. pressure ok so no glaucoma. Reason I have a lot of eye strain is because my reading glasses need to be much stronger. New ones will arrive a week on Saturday. Also ordered some prescription sunnies as optician says to avoid strong ultraviolet light.

Only thing which has gone wrong so far today is that I got an unjustified parking ticket. Not warden's fault, as my ticket was stuck to windscreen with a sticky gel pad and it melted in extreme heat and fell on to dashboard with ticket face down. I will contest the fine as I have the valid ticket to show.

Apart from in the opticians, no one walking around masked except me and a pregnant lady. I got some odd looks but I didn't care and felt a lot more confident in town with a mask, being something of a social phobic. 

• Like 1

Hot here but not as unbearable as some of you have.

Hope it continues to be calm with your mum  Griff.

Fingers crossed you get your parking ticket overturned Owl.

I so agree with you Yantan but fear the lockdown is over for most. The more that defy it without consequence, the more people will think I can do that too. And look what happened when they tried to police a street party in Brixton last night. I fear for this country at the moment. (Sorry - I don't usually get political )

This certainly seems to have brought out the worst in some people..or just brought out the worst people we didn't realise existed in such numbers!

I had my blood test yesterday and the rules for the surgery are you have to wear a mask...good grief.  Five minutes and I was stiflingly hot and felt as if I couldn't breathe.  I certainly couldn't and wouldn't wear one for any length of time.  I know they protect other people from you, not the reverse and if I haven't got it now after all my trips to the hospital with an oncologist who is very touchy feely and keeps his mask under his chin, I never will.

I am sickened by the selfishness of the human race..truly I am, not only do they have little regard for themselves and their families but the others they will likely infect... Then we come to the rubbish... now, when I was a kid, I was raised that if you couldn't find a bin, you stuffed the rubbish in your pocket, back into your picnic bag etc and found a bin or dumped it at home, seems that parks, beaches, open spaces all across the country are treated with the exact same lack of cleanliness.

I went in to town today, I went to primarni, no queue, tonnes of hand gel, lots of staff making sure people entered and exited the correct way and on my way out the security guard actually thanked me!! There was one silly mare in there.... trying on shoes!! The staff shot straight over and told her no... you can't try on shoes! I now have a new hat and underwear and socks so if lockdown restarts....I am good!

• Like 1

We are having a rough night. Wispa was panting and restless all evening, thought it was the heat but she has been acting strangely and I concluded that she must be in pain. We have been in and out several times, each time she has a drink and a pee then settles for a bit. We also had intruder alert from Flynn her collie friend 2 doors down so she started barking, so the 2 fluffs next door joined in. I think someone was around the bottoms of the gardens because Flynn raced down there barking. Paws crossed Wispa has settled now. She has stopped panting which is a good sign but is barking quietly and running in her sleep. All my joints are aching due to being out in the heat. 

Good morning, got through rest of night ok. Wispa is subdued this morning but ate breakfast ok and went back to sleep in coolest part of house. I think she may have had a heat-related upset tum. Thunderstorm with rain expected this afternoon. 

I wonder if what we are seeing now with crowds, fights and all the rubbish left behind are the people who caused problems when abroad giving Brits a bad reputation. Holidayitis seems to bring out the  worst in people.   It is over the whole of the UK ,  not just localised.

A woman left her mobile phone in amongst a pile of rubbish in the Pentland Hills Country Park. She phoned the park to ask for it back. They have advised her she can collect it from the police station.  I wonder if she will.

I hope things have settled down with your mum, griff. But you can only do so much to help someone. The rest is up to them. 

After two very hot days we have cloud this morning but it is warm so very pleasant for a change.

I expect that is what has happened, blackmagic. All the people who usually go to the popular Mediterranean holiday spots to go clubbing and drinking are confined to this country with no pubs or clubs open.  Chatsworth of all places has been the scene of a lot of youngsters boozing and fighting. 

Still scorchio here with no sign of promised thunderstorm. 

Good news of the day, after searching for months I have found the keys to the padlock for the hedgehog zone at end of garden.  Exactly where I expected them to be, on the keyholder by back door, where all spare keys live. I had even tried them but they didn't work, so I assumed they must be extras for the side gate. It suddenly struck me today that I should make sure of that. Too big for side gate padlock, so the answer was obvious. They could only belong to hedgehog gate, and the padlock must be rusted shut. Attacked it with WD40, all sorted now :)