UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

morning hun xxx

its my daughter in laws birthday and mothers anniversary, 9 years today I lost her. lungs are hurting so doing well.

lewis is putting the new complete curtains up today. the lady gave  me a lamp shade too

love to all, be safe xxx

• Like 1

Pleased that went smoothly Jazz. Did you get your curtains up?

Wee Nikla has allowed hairdressers up here to open from 15th July 😀 She's says she's not reducing the 2 metre rule though. 😯 Anyone know any hairdressers with 6ft arms 😲🤣

We had rain this morning then warm sunshine this afternoon. Not the mega temperatures you've all been getting though, thank goodness. We're meant to be 27C tomorrow now, so I'll be shade surfing. Then we're back to a normal Scottish summer - rain - albeit warm rain lol.

How's things with your mum Griff?

Hope Ruby's doing ok Yantan and she's not too sapped with the heat.

Same for Wispa Owl. Hope she's not struggling too much.

Bit of a nightmare Eve...I had literally had enough now

Hmmmm this could be interesting, a 2metre haircut...hedge trimmer??? Lol. Incidentally, why hasn't Jimmy cranky got a Corona haircut?? Someone has been styling her hair

Probably shouldn't say too much about who's cutting cranky's hair on a public forum. Suffice to say it's not her husband of convenience.

So sorry about your mum. You know where I am if you ever need to talk (big hug) xx

• Like 1

Hello from a hot and sultry Edinburgh. It was too hot to go out earlier so I am just back from walking Cleo, now that it is cooler.

Lots of dogs were being walked. 

It is supposed to stay hot tomorrow and Friday but possible thunder and lightning on Friday.

Nicola has online video call from her hairdresser for cutting her hair herself.

I have seen suggestions of  hairdressers having to have chairs spaced apart, perspex screens, no chit chat , booking  on phone or online   and discussion of what is to be done ahead  of appointment, contactless payment. 

Sorry you are still troubled about your mum , griff.  It must be vey frustrating.

I hope you get good results from your tests , Jazz.

I am actually booked in for my haircut 4th July!! I have to arrive 5minutes before my appointment time, wear a mask, have my temp taken and pay contactless...all fine with me....oooo nearly forgot to sanitise!!

Hmmmm I have seen tonnes of YouTube videos on cutting hair, my cousin is a hairdresser and barber and I would not rely upon video call to get my haircut done. Boris' hair is always somewhat unkempt but there's no way on this planet I would accuse him of having a barber in!! 

Everyone I know has been dead good with a couple of exceptions this past week but that's on them. I haven't had a haircut since Jan/Feb and actually I am really surprised I am not in a worse state

Mum is really really hard work, never in my life would I imagine I would be cleaning up sh*t, I have surprised myself! We have had words Tonight and basically I am done now, she isn't eating and she was trying to make out she had ate loads...I pointed out she may have had rice crispies however it was a big bowl with hardly any cereal, she had cheese 2 small pieces and a couple of crackers, dad said she wasn't eating properly  she said keep on and you will see...dad said we will see what?? She said she wouldn't eat, I just told her I have a sh*t load of codeine, crack on and top herself...get it over and done with. I have run myself ragged for 6 weeks...I am making myself ill and she isn't even trying...so enough. I am not bothering to ask if she wants me to fetch xyz....she can sod off. It's pathetic, childish and controlling and I am going to concentrate on me

• Sad 1

We have returned from a very late riverside walk on the reserve. There was a nice breeze but it was still on the warm side so we didn't go far and Wispa kept going in river for a paddle and drink. I wore some Cotton Traders walking shorts which I haven't been able to get into for years, and they are a bit on the loose side now. 11 lbs down now and seem (paws crossed) to have got rid of the persistent fatigue.  Fruit is my friend, especially Braeburn apples. 

Jazz, I hope you can sleep and your lungs improve.

Eve the heat isn't bothering Ruby at all. In fact she can't keep warm enough! That's chemo for you. She wore a hat all day yesterday and was bundled up with blankets whilst I was, and still am, sitting in front of a fan in a thin short sleeved top and loose cotton trousers.

Griff you can't help your mum if she chooses not to either help herself or accept help & advice. Look after yourself mate.

I hope everyone manages to stay reasonably cool today.