UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

Good morning! Looks as if it's going to be a very soggy day.  I started it well with sudden terrible pains in the side of my head, it felt as if I was being stabbed.  Looked it up, ice pick headache apparently.  Boy did it hurt, hope that was a one off.  It went on for about fifteen minutes then subsided.  

Good Morning ,folks.

Sorry you are  having such problems about your mum, griff. My experience of hospitals is nobody cares if  patients don't eat. When my mother was in the patient in the next bed to hr could not feed herself   but they put her meal down and cleared it away untouched. Her daughter used to come in at mealtimes to feed her.

Staff deliver the  food and clear away the dishes and the nurses never look near.

I hope Ruby got on okay with hr treatment, yantan. 

Warm and muggy here as the haar is coming in every night and it takes until afternoon to burn off. 

My vet practice is featured in the  Highland Vet- same idea as the Yorkshire Vet- on 5 select on Monday nights.( and on MY5 )  It is strange seeing people you know on the telly. 

Nothing much else happening here  , the same as everywhere else I expect.

Yes thanks blackmagic Ruby did get on OK. Yesterday's session was an hour quicker than the last and although the fatigue hit more or less right away she didn't feel as bad as last time on the trip home. She's had a busy morning working from home so far today. It could be a different story come tomorrow though. She's not taking anything for granted.

I'll keep my eye out for the Highland vet. I think I've caught it a time or two before now. An earlier series perhaps? 

There were programmes on BBC alba that involved one of thee vets from the Wick branch but this is a nw series. 

Julian, of the Yorkshire vet  series, started his career  in the Thurso practice.

You can watch it on catch up   on MY5.

The first programme was quite emotional but had a happy ending.

My friend was a teacher at the  high school and was saying  ' I taught her and I taught them'.

Hopefully it gets done quickly Jazz, don't envy you the prep! Been there twice with my dad...not fun. He doesn't bother with the usual camera now, he has a different one but they only do 6 a year here...he found that much more convenient well except for his sluggish digestion hold up lol.

I shall give you the latest on my mum...she should be home Saturday, her foot is more swollen than when she went to hospital as she now can't get her shoe on..  that's her coming home in socks then lol. I am dropping her walking stick and crutch off later and she is having a telephone consultation with our own practice nurse tomorrow...I expect her to be going back to hospital to be quite honest

Yantan has seen her leg and it is proper Ming 

Edited by griff
  • Sad 1

oh right. lets hope you are kept informed this time xx

my friend just rung. she took one of the stray cats mother fed, so had her 9 years. she lost her today, she was about 17. The last  connection to mother

• Sad 1

she used to live in the bushes by mother. she fed all the strays, she bought more food then me and none were hers lol I used to get the food from the kennels cheap. my car was so loaded with cat and dog food I had to put the back seats down lol

lewis is taking me to the shops today. im so excited, first time in months. ive heard the toilets are shut? it will be the fastest trip ever if they are

be safe out there xx