UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

Call her bluff Griff..ask her has she made her will? Is there anything she wants a particular person to have, and does she want a cremation or burial? If you stop trying to persuade her to do things to live, maybe planning what to do if she dies might shock her into being sensible!

• Like 1

Suzeanna, she knows I know she made her will as I had to get it witnessed for her and open all the attachments on the computer, she also wants a simplicity funeral...like me!!

I don't know owl.... everything I offer her she says no to...I think she's depressed

I think you're on to it there Griff about depression. I've been thinking the same from what you've told me.  What a difficult situation for you all ☹

Ruby has had to go to the GP's to get a blood test in advance of her next chemo session on Wednesday. She's gone in the car although its only a 5 minute walk, just can't take the chance of someone she passes not sticking to social distancing. Watching the webcams situated in our town there are many who just don't bother 😡

Also she wanted to take a drive to keep the battery charged and see something other than these 4 walls. I've told her to take extra care - don't want her getting in an accident! 

I hope she gets back ok xx

my friend has all the signs of bowel cancer, and other things but he has given up and doesn't want to know. very hard for his wife

my favourite coffee is out of stock in poundland. just seen it in 2 other shops, if they have any left, so lewis will take me on Friday. the asda one is ok, but not the same

The Dr was being called to my mum today....the occupational therapist is not happy at all with her leg!

Can't get any answer from her mobile phone...not sure if she's back in hospital

Yantan... hope ruby gets on o.k, I totally understand about a change of scenery

I don't know how it works... when she was transferred from hospital nobody told me she had gone, nobody told me she had arrived at the home.

I have tried her mobile again...still no answer, called the home and asked for her floor...the lines busy can I call back in a few minutes...will try again.

A friend in Wales has same situation with her husband. Very heavy smoker who is pretty certain he has lung cancer as well as COPD, still puffing away on the grounds that it is too late to do anything now. Trouble is, he is probably right.

Hope you got through, Griff. OT person sounds to be on the ball, anyway.

I took a carload of stuff to the tip near the reserve today, thinking the queues may have eased up. There were maybe a dozen cars and vans queueing in front of me, but I chose the right time to arrive as there were soon about 40 or 50 in queue behind me.  Altogether from joining the queue to leaving the tip, nearly an hour. I don't need to go again for another 3 months with any luck. Then we went to reserve. Too hot to walk but Wispa enjoyed splashing in the stream. 

Yes Ruby enjoyed her troll out in the car & a look at the scenery. We have the trip to the hospital tomorrow but I doubt Ruby will enjoy it, certainly not on the way back.

We had a terrific thunderstorm late afternoon yesterday. It cleared the air thank goodness as it had been pretty humid up till then. 

I will be thinking of ruby tomorrow.... proper feel for her

My old next door neighbour at my last place had emphysema, I kept finding fag butts in my garden and I couldn't work out where they were coming from until I heard his wife giving him what for...he was supposed to have given up smoking, he put his clothes in to wash and left his lighter in the pocket!!! He was having a cheeky ciggie when she was out and flicking the fag butts into my garden!