UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

I'm never happy with the temperature, I've been freezing recently and then today I was too hot! Mind you it probably didn't help that I was wearing a jumper whilst mowing the lawn.  Been amusing myself whilst washing up, watching a very small rat (probably grandchild of the first ones) popping out from under the flowers to see what it could find, I tapped on the window, it scooted back in.  Two minutes later, rewind and repeat! It's giving it plenty of exercise! Hopefully it'll get fed up and go somewhere else and take the rest of the tribe with it.

Wonder if Blackmagic saw the car she was after?

Evening all... tracked mum down after calling the hospital! Then the care home

Yep, old folks home, she is dumped in a room on her own with no tv! She was left there, needed the loo, struggled on her walking frame, nearly collapsed coming back and when I called the home to get her to call me, she was crying. She won't listen to reason, refuses to accept any responsibility for any of this...I hung up on her.

She called me back half hour later, lady had done her an induction, occupational therapist will see her Tuesday and Thursday.... don't see much progress being made... I tried talking to her again, said it's been really stressful for us and my dad has aged 10 years.. she said I don't know what you want me to say? I said that you will eat properly, drink properly and sort yourself out.... said I may as well talk to the wall...it will take more notice of me....I give up now, quite obviously she doesn't care about my dad

• Sad 2

I have no clue who knows what Owl.... nobody has been in touch with me, nobody bothered to tell me she had left hospital or where she had gone.

This has been going on for all of my life, she doesn't eat properly and only has 2 cups of coffee a day, she has been told previously to drink more...but she doesn't listen

Dads tried to talk to her... obviously, they have been married for so long it's not like he just wouldn't say anything.

It's unavoidable that I will be Ill, I am supposed to avoid stress....with my life, not a chance. I know the signs that things are starting and I know what I need to do and I am already doing that...I am also able to alter my own medication as needs be until I can get help

He is quite good really, it's been sad to see him really... apologising to me for being upset.... they've been married 43 years and together a few years before that.

She told us not to go earlier...then text and said we could so I will get a couple of magazines for her to look at

Griff, they are always telling us how important it is to drink plenty of water.  The main cause of headaches is dehydration, don't know about your meds but I'm meant to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day because of mine.  If you point out to your mother that if she carries on the way she is, she'll probably at best shorten her life and at worse kill herself, would she listen? I must admit, when my son has been here I've never seen him drink anything other than tea, and not much of that but his excuse is their tap water tastes vile! Would she drink the fruit flavoured waters? Rubicon do good ones.

We went for a drive earlier out through Matlock and Matlock Bath and up to the Cromford Canal.  Matlock Bath was absolutely heaving! Hundreds of people there, motor bikes lined up all down the street and loads of families with dogs. Not a facemask in sight and certainly no social distancing.  The fish and chip shops were doing a roaring trade by the look of it.

I'm sorry your mum won't take advice Griff but both you and your dad have tried. 

It's also important to drink plenty in order to avoid kidney stones. Ruby's renal surgeon told us that. We have a friend who ended up in hospital last week due to kidney stones. She said the pain was far worse than childbirth.

Very warm here and somewhat humid. I went out in the garden for some fresh air and noticed a profusion of weeds taking hold so I sorted them out but in the heat it knocked me out.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Yantan, according to the weather app on my phone, it's 98% humidity today.  That's nearly on a par with somewhere like Thailand!  A bloke I used to work with said he had kidney stones and the pain was so bad that if he'd had a gun, he honestly would have shot himself.

I was looking at the photos of the mess left behind by people at a couple of illegal raves, and also of people who were camping on the beaches in Studland, Dorset.  Absolutely disgusting. I feel guilty if I'm getting something out of my pocket and a sweet wrapper falls out, what is the matter with some people?

• Like 1

We have been to see her...she looks awful! Really old, couldn't hardly stand and the food...well I wouldn't give it the dogs! We went straight to mozzas despite her saying she needs nothing...then had to try and post it through a 4inch gap in the window lol

Nothing that really matters but what is Mozzas Griff? Hope you can get her to eat and drink but I guess you can't force her to, especially if emotional blackmail doesnt't work. Really feel for you xx

Very hot here today and meant to be the same all week. Don't mean to appear trivial when you're all going through so much but I haven't anything else to talk about. Hope you all know I'm thinking of you all xx

• Like 1