UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

No other problem found, Griff, and that side has had a new wheel bearing and steering boot last year. Everything was looking fine apart from being set in concrete. 

I think I can add it to my list of totally weird things that happen in lockdown, like the invention of baked bean scrumpy.

• Haha 1

I did like the Huawei phone but I was worried that I might not be able to sort out updates for my apps if they don't sort out their disagreement. I love the Alcatel... it's basically a Nokia ..owned by them, I have fingerprint unlock, face unlock and for the money.....I am very impressed!

2 hours ago, eve said:

Are homechecks allowed now? Though after this weekend where it seems like a free for all I don't think I'll bother about the lockdown rules any more. No one else is.

Remember England has   different  rules and guidelines to Scotland.  e.g. Social distancing is guidance in England but is law in Scotland.

Apparently, DEFRA has given permission for rescues to rehome  for welfare reasons.mSocial distancing should be maintained.

https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/our-resources/animal-rescue-and-rehoming-organisations-during-covid-19/

Despite a forecast of rain we have had a glorious day of sunshine. and had our tea in the garden.

• Like 2

Does anyone know anything about hedgehogs? We have a couple come into our garden of an evening to snaffle whatever the birds have chucked out of the feeders. Twice this week though one has appeared in the daytime to have a feed. First time was fine as the dogs were out on their pack walk but today it came out again and Nick and Cooper spotted it and went for it. Cooper only barks at it but Nick would attack it if he got the chance, which today we made sure he didn't. We're reading conflicting information on whether hedgies are ok if they appear during the day so don't know whether to find a wildlife organisation or not. I want to do what's best for the hedgie and keep it safe but I also can't stop the dogs going out in their own garden. Much as we can check as best we can that there isn't one there they're very good at hiding under foliage where I can't see them but Nick can!

Are you by any chance feeding the birds mealworms? Because hedgies can get addicted to them, and apparently this is not good. I would have a word with a hedgehog rescue and get advice. Evening visits are usual, daytime is a bit odd.