UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June. We can do this!

Jazz

food parcel came last Tuesday. wonder if its coming today. The neighbour is looking out in case he puts it on the doorstep without knocking again

Im so sorry about his mum. Please pass on my thoughts and best wishes xxx

Thank you everyone for your condolences. Busy with sorting out as much as we can from up here. Funeral will be Thursday afternoon. I'm still keeping an eye on what you're all up to though, so be good lol.

• Like 1

builder has been to price up putting chicken wire in front of the wooden fence in case it comes down in the winds. has to be 6 foot because kevin can jump. hes put a new handle on my bedroom door so I can use it. His wife is a food hoarder so they still have some. I said all my dog food hoard is down to 1 bag, so hope the kennels are open soon. They are selling dog assessories, so should be soon

Eve, I am so very very sorry to hear of Richards mum passing, all the worse as you can't go...my friends funerals were both streamed....not be exactly like being there but you would be able to pay your respects in your own way at home xx

• Like 1

Refreshing rain here from dawn until a few minutes ago. I wasn't happy when Wispa urgently needed to go out at 4 a.m. but it was worth it for a wonderful dawn chorus. Birds singing in the rain, tweet tweet here come worms and slugs, enough for all of us. All flowers and shrubs perking up, plenty more showers forecast, and it looks wet enough for the weekend to keep the litterbugs away from the beaches and beauty spots. 

• Like 1

The hair clippers I ordered arrived today so Ruby's given me a haircut with them and not done a bad job. She used the longest hair setting which just took the thickness off. Running my hand through my hair it feels just as it does after I've been to the hairdressers. As it's another 15 weeks until I can get a professional hair cut I'm relieved! 

She's taken her own down too the wood as she was advised to in order to save the upset of waking up to find clumps of hair on her pillow. What's left will still fall out but this way she feels more in control of the process.

We had some overnight rain and a little this morning but we need more! Everything is so dry.

Awwwww Marion, I bet ruby looks awesome xx I asked would mine come out..I didn't want "Tufts" of hair, I said I would send my dad down to Tesco to grab some clippers and they said wait and see...I had cyclophosphamide, some people lose hair, some don't...I got lucky and just went very thin in one spot....my hair was really short. My hair is now more curly and it went quite grey very quickly

It has been a bit blowy. A garden parasol from 2 doors down got lifted clean out of its table and base and took to the air, crossing the garden in between, sailing past my bedroom window and landing on my patio with a crash. No pots broken luckily. Owner has just been to collect it, thinks he can repair the spokes.

On a completely different subject, am I the only person in Britain who thinks that mushy peas are utterly revolting?

No Owl, I do too and I'm born and bred Yorkshire and we're meant to love the vile little things! 

Candy is happier today now it's cooler, she really struggles with the heat.  Ironically, she's going to the groomer on Monday, so she'll be nice and short when it's cooler weather anyway.

• Like 1