UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

happy birthday xxxx

Just watched ralf and rickys northern tour at the pencil factory, missed ruby there like last time

Ruby doesn't work at the pencil museum though Jazz. She works at the factory which is now located in West Cumbria.

Tracy, the museum supervisor, had a great day with the lads and said they were genuinely funny and lovely to host for the day.

:party: Happy Birthday Yantan, hope you enjoyed your sunbathing and no burns! I know Ruby will be wondering what the heck she's let herself in for, but a few weeks or longer of feeling crap to be feeling great in the long run will be worth it.

How sad about the osprey chick.  There was something on the Calendar News about buzzards being shot in North Yorkshire..so much for conserving wild life.  Our neighbour was cutting the hedge earlier and I know there is a blackbird's nest in there.

• Like 1

Just in time to wish Yantan many happy returns xx

This evening's visit to the reserve was a bit too exciting and we have only just got back. A crane arrived so a few birdwatchers turned up to view it. I watched it for a while, then a birder told me there were 3 guys fishing on one of the lakes. Observed them through bins, settled in for night with chairs etc and a lot of booze. They were quite noisy, I suspect pretty well off their faces. Called police, got 2 cars so 4 officers. It was tricky for them to get to the guys who were on a spit of land with water around, everything overgrown, but in the end they got to them and at that point I was free to go.

• Like 1

Well done for alerting the police Owl and miracle of miracles, they actually turned up!

I had my follow up from radiotherapy yesterday and the oncologist was very pleased with how things have responded, the soft lumps in my neck have reduced and the solid thingummy along the collarbone has shrunk.  He said it will keep having an effect for a few weeks yet, which is good on the one hand but on the other the burning itch is driving me mad! You aren't meant to get it in the sun so I have cotton bandanas round my neck and that's making me hot before the darn thing does it's own impression of a bonfire.  This was a new onc, though my original one was around too and had obviously  had a word about me as he asked had I got a letter telling me to strictly isolate and before I even opened my mouth he started grinning.  I think he knew the answer to that one!  He did ask had I had an appointment from the vascular consultant and wasn't too pleased when I said no.  He said if nothing in a couple of weeks, ring the department and put some pressure on.

Looks like another hot day again,  I'll spend most of my time filling up the birds water in the garden, hindered by a very clean freak blackbird who insists on bathing in it several times a day and chucking most of it out! Have a good day, all and Yantan, don't get burned! 

Any better news of your mum, Griff?

• Like 1

I won't get burned Suzeanna - I have plenty of sun lotion thanks to you 👍

Thank you folks for the birthday wishes. A friend didn't know what to get me so she bought me some Cumberland sausage from the local butcher! Best present ever!!! 😂😂❤❤

I thought it was illegal to disturb nesting birds. Cutting that hedge therefore was illegal. 

Good for you Owl reporting those idiots. There are far too many selfish, irresponsible people who think rules don't apply to them.

Right my lovely next door but one neighbour has brought me a paper so I'm off to read it.

Good morning.

Wispa's 12th gotcha day. I have had her for more years than any of my other dogs. Polly puli lived to 16 but she was 8 when I got her. Muffin cat is the only animal companion who was with me for longer than 12 years, and she was from kitten to nearly 18.

• Like 2