UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

I've got the dog food all ready Suzeanna, same hypoallergenic as the boy is already on and little lass is on Harringtons. It's a feeding stand that I ordered from Zooplus but it was dog food they sent! 

I've had notification just this evening that they've sent the replacement stand out but I feel they should have sent it sooner and it took me getting shirty with them to get it sent out BEFORE they received the dog food back. We had a right job of sealing the box up with the food in as we'd run out of parcel tape but fortunately I found a roll of duct tape which should hold it. Parcelforce are collecting it on Monday. 

Urrgghh for the person picking his nose with gloves on! Our neighbour went shopping the other day and saw a man eating crisps with the gloves on he'd worn to do his shopping! 

• Confused 1

Blackmagic so sorry for your great-niece, must be very painful and scary. As you say, at least she has the right treatment now.

Hope all goes well on Monday, Yantan. 

My friend Charlotte is at vet with her poorly GSP girl Audrey, emergency surgery for blockage. She is so upset, I wish I could be with her. Only half an hour down the A1, so frustrating.

Audrey made it through 4 hrs surgery, more complicated than expected. The blockage was unidentified soft matter. Next 48 hrs critical. Poor Aud, only 4 and has already had cancer, emergency spay and mammary strip.

• Sad 1

awww glad shes through it x

looks nice out there today. might clean the garden table. only sit there when im housetraining. hopefully the lockdown will be over so rescue dogs can be moved. bloody awful that breeders can take pups to their new homes, but not rescues. 

be safe xx

I wonder how many of these new dogs people are getting in lockdown will be chucked out to rescues once folk go back to work, kids go back to school, and lonely bored dog wrecks the house?

Oh poor Audrey, she's been through it! Hopefully this will be the last emergency! Our late dobe Saphyre broke both her back legs at five months old, put her front leg through a glass door and severed an artery at about 2 years and had mammary tumours at around 4.  Some dogs just seem to be unlucky, bit like people I suppose. 

Rescues can move dogs, Defra relaxed the rules due to welfare issues the other week following a campaign by the RSPCA. 

Poor Audrey, I hope she pulls through and makes a good recovery. 

George cost me a fortune at the vets but Archie ailed nothing other than his acid reflux which only got really bothersome at the end of his life even though he'd had it since he was a pup.

Yantan, they probably have thought of this already, but when we had a foster papillon once, they sent her blanket that she'd had in her bed with her unwashed and frankly rather pongy, but a familiar smell for her.  Can you ask if there's anything they seem to be attached to that can come with them?

What shops, Jazz?

Within a month of arriving Cleo has walked under the very sharp wood axe and slit her forehead. Phoned the vet and was told to come in, although it was lunch hour. Arrived to be met at the door by one vet and taken in. As she was examining the cut another vet arrived kitted out in scrubs for surgery. However, it was decided staples would do. Found out later they thought she had been hit by the axe and were preparing to operate for a fractured skull! 

A few weeks later she collided heads with Murphy when they both went for the ball at the same time resulting in one tooth hanging out and another squint. Another emergency appointment at the vets. The vet greeted us with’ is the one —-oh, yes it is’. Three weeks later she went in to be speyed. 

She never forgot that she had been there each time and was always eager to make sure she was not left there again any other time we took her to the vets.

• Confused 1

Aw Audrey. We are thinking of her & sending healing thoughts ❤

Poor Cleo. Quite a catalogue of disasters.

Suzeanna Tye came with his blankie, Kong, toys & treats because he'd been a beloved pet but I'm afraid the next 2 have nothing. They are currently in boarding kennels which the rescue have been struggling to pay for during lockdown.

There is a lovely Orvis bed on the rug in front of the fire waiting for them with Tye's original blankie in it. A whole sofa just for them, leads and some toys which I doubt they will know what to do with. There's also another big squishy bed with a blankie each in my bedroom and loads of treats in the cupboards so very soon they will have their own stuff bless them.