UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

I have mislaid my bank debit card. Used it yesterday to refuel for the first time since mid-March, and instead of putting it into my top waistcoat pocket where it usually lives, I remember putting it back in car to disinfect it first. What happened to ti after that I know not. Luckily my phone banking app on my mobile allows me to instantly freeze it so nobody can do anything with it but my direct debits go through as usual. So I have a bit of time to search for it before cancelling and asking for a new one. I can also check over the next couple of days if anyone has used it for contactless payments. A very stupid owl took her much smarter dog for a walk in the woods after refuelling, luckily in a very secluded place, and managed to lock the car but leave the driver window open. The is a small chance it may have been on the dashboard, but I have a vague memory of bringing it into the house when we returned.

If I don't then I can order a new one, and use my credit card meantime. I can still reimburse my neighbour who shops for me as I don't need to use my card for repeat payments through online banking, only for new payees.

At least a scan went ahead, Griff.  If it's an infection that responds to ab's she should make a good recovery, but maybe not as quickly as you'd like.

Philip was meant to be seeing someone at Chesterfield Eye Hospital (connected to Chesterfield Royal) about a problem with his eye.  He got a phone call today from them to say nothing will be going ahead for the foreseeable future because of Covid.  It's getting stupid.  They said in the paper the other day that people are already in danger of dying because of heart attacks which are going untreated, not to mention cancer. Ruby and I are lucky that our treatments have gone ahead, but Dr. Sivoglo said he'd refer me to a vascular consultant because of my dilated aorta and I haven't heard a thing.  Probably doesn't want to call me in to be examined in case I catch Covid.  Thing is, if the aorta bursts I'm definitely dead, whereas if I catch Covid I have a good chance of recovery.  Maybe that's too logical?

Very hot here today and I was the same Yantan, went to sit out and decided it was too hot even with the parasol up.

Relieved to hear the scan went ahead, Griff,  and you have a diagnosis. Sending best wishes for your mum's recovery. 

Yes Suzeanna, one can see the logic behind your thinking. 

Yantan, last time I lost my card it was tucked under a little tray on my bedside table because I had ordered something online while in bed. This time it's  not so simple.  I think I may have thrown it into a dustbin at Steetley chapel as I parked in their car park to have a picnic because it's lovely there. Afterwards I put rubbish from picnic into a large plastic bag and chucked in all tissues etc from car. I know I put the card in a disinfectant wipe and put it in the coin tray. No wipes left in car now. So I need to drive 10 miles to fish that bag out of bin with my litter picking gadget. Not much goes in that bin except wraps from cemetery flowers so hopefully will  not be too yucky. 

So sorry Philip's eye appointment isn't happening Suzeanna. Yet the message is still to have non-covid treatments continue. How frustrating, especially your vascular consultation.

Hope your mum can now get the treatment she needs Griff.

Have you checked in the fridge for your card Owl? Just seen your reply and you'll be be bin diving tomorrow 🤢 Hope you find it without too much mess.

I went over to Glasgow to see my son and daughter in law today. Haven't seen them for over 2 months so we sat in their garden and had a lovely catch up in the sunshine. Then heard on the news on the radio that the lockdown in Scotland is being eased tomorrow. Oops, we were a day too early, though we were all convinced it started today. Oh no, I'm a criminal lol

• Haha 1

Glad you are feeling better, Jazz.

I nipped down to Steetley church this morning. bag still tied up in bin, but when I went through it there was no card.  Bank statement shows nothing has been unlawfully withdrawn before I froze it, so that's a relief. Met another church architecture nerd taking photos and we had a chat.  Very hot here. This evening we are going to the reserve for a walk with friend Charlotte who has never been there.

It strikes me that my social life is pretty well back to what it was before.  Occasional chats with randomly encountered naturalists and old buildings enthusiasts, sometimes meet friend for a walk, chat to neighbours over fence.  The only social thing I miss is going to the visitor centre cafe for coffee and snack and a catch up with wardens and visitors. 

I've been enjoying my birthday. 61 today. How did I get to this age so quickly? It seems like it was only 4 or 5 years ago I was 23 🤔😂

I got a surprise birthday cake delivered from Betty's of York. Owl you'd have liked it as it's chocolate the same as those tasty little choccy bites on our Betty's afternoon tea. 

I'm also very lucky as friends and family sent me Amazon gift cards to the value of £150! 😁 I can buy myself books and other things to amuse myself during this period of chemo isolation.

Ruby is doing OK & taking things easy. She's feeling very tired already and the injections she started today to help her immune system had an almost immediate side effect. Aching bones! She was warned about that though.

We've both had a sit out in the garden.

Oh Ruby's just told me that one of the original Osprey chicks, from the first time a breeding pair settled here on the shores of Bass lake, has been killed on the M6. I don't know how that came about ☹