UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Hope it's not too sunny or you will be cooked!

Ā 

Are you in touch with Ruby while she is having the treatment for her to give you an update of how much longer? The following sessions are generally a bit quicker, unless you faint for the first time in your life as I did at the beginning of session 2, and wake up to find not one but two crash teams standing over me!

Edited by Karen

Oh bloody hell Karen. You don't do things by half!Ā 

We arrived home at 3pm. Ruby could see me from her seat but the windows are one way so I couldn't see in. She sent me a text but it didn't come thro until after we arrived back.

Ā 

Marion, hope you didn't bake..I was in for 6 hours each time with mine.

Owl, not so good, well her temp is up and down and she can move her toes slightly but I am having major difficulties with the hospital...no Dr will speak to me, scans keep getting cancelled, I don't even know her Drs name!! She has been in over a week...she was walking when she got there and now she is catheterised as she can't walk...I love the NHS but I am fast losing my temper!

That's not good at all Griff..if she isn't being moved properly she'll end up with bedsores and lord knows what else! Do they give a reason for the scans being cancelled? You love the NHS and I do some of it..obviously..as they are keeping me alive but over the years I've been furious over the casual to the point of neglect attitude of some nursing staff.

When does Ruby need to go for her next session, Yantan? If the weather is still as hot, is there anyway you can go to park in shade? Once you know how long she'll be, you don't have to stay put in the hospital carpark. Meant to be 25 here today and tomorrow, just hope the MacMillan centre has the aircon on when I go to see the oncologist on Friday.

Ruby's next round is June 17th. There's no shade in the hospital car park and no where to go whilst she's in other than into town &Ā I can't get out of the car anyway. The more I see how people are just ignoring social distancing the less I want to be anywhere near them. I had to tell the car park attendant to back off from checking my parking pass (free for chemo patients) as I had the front windows open. I held it up for him to check from the prescribed distance.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There's pals...I think if the scan gets cancelled again I will say something

Suzeanna...the staff on the ward said they don't know but x-ray told me it was changed by the ward ..I don't want to be lied to!

I see social distancing slipping here!Ā