UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Good morning everyone :)

Hope that bird gets out. If it is a youngster it may notĀ have theĀ sense to fly up.

Griff, I hope your mum has a better day andĀ you can get some sense outĀ ofĀ someone.

Ā 

Eve I hope your little birdy gets out safely.

Well it looks like our boiler is goosed. The gas man is coming back tomorrow hopefully with a new part but the other part he ordered is now obsolete. So just as Ruby starts chemo and we enter a16 week period of quarantine with nobody supposed to come into the house we are going to have either British Gas or our local plumbers in.

Much nicer weather here today.

The emergency services had to go out on Saturday to rescue 3 idiots from Crewe who thought it was a good idea to come up here with inflatable kayaks and take them out on our lake during a storm. They couldn't make it back to shore and got stranded on one of the islands - there was a rumour that they'd been camping on the island, which isn't allowed in normal times never mind breaking the Covid-19 regulations of no overnight stays.

They were powering the kayaks with a prop shaft attached to a rechargable drill! The Fire Brigade put photos on FB of the rescue and of the kayaks and drill.

The police were waiting on the shore for them being brought in.

Ā 

It's time people like them were fined, and fined heavily, for bringing out the emergency services.Ā  Different if something is a complete accident and in no way your own fault.

Yantan, which room is your boiler in? Probably the kitchen but asking as ours is in the back bedroom.Ā  I think the best thing is to have the door and windows wide open when others come, if they aren't wearing gloves don't be shy of asking them to wash their hands (and dry them on kitchen paper which you can chuck away) and for Ruby to be as distant as is possible. Thorough clean of surfaces when they are done, wipe down door handles etc and honestly, I think you'll find she's fine. If you explain the situation, there's no way they will take offence or think you are being hysterical about things.

Ā 

The bird is free. Had to get a heating engineer out to take the radiator off and he also took the bird outside to make sure it could fly ok, which it did. It was a young blackbird so I hope it appreciates we had to get an emergency callout on a Bank holiday lol. Couldn't leave it to suffer though.

• Like 3

What a kind heating engineer. Young blackbird does not surprise me,Ā  Eve.Ā  I have foundĀ them wedged behind flowerpots etc in the past. Our lot should be due to fly any time soon.Ā 

Happy birthday to yourĀ son, Jazz.

Yay Eve!!! Pleased the bird was o.k and hope the purse doesn't hurt too much

Bugger about the boiler, I agree, just outline the situation and everyone will be doubly cautious.Ā 

Honestly I know I shouldn't be surprised by humans at all anymore but sometimes people's stupidity still shocks me

Crap removed from my fence...he arrived at 23.05 last night, slamming the doors and muttering lol. Left again at 11.35 slamming the door repeatedly!

Mums not improving, temp back to 39.5...i have been on to the hospital twice today, had words with my brother..I honestly have no clue why I bother with him! Told my dad he can talk to him from now on, I did act grown up and WhatsApp him but other than that he can do one

The boiler fortunately is in an outside cupboard but the controls are on the wall between the kitchen & dining room so they need access for that and to run the water in the kitchen.Ā We were going to ask the firmĀ my nephew works for for a quote but I think we might just go with the gas board as I know they have and will wear proper PPE and will give us priority, providing they have enough staff as most have been furloughed.

I just saw someone disappearing into a 2nd home next door but one with a suitcase. The owners don't holiday let it and only use it very occasionally. We know their car, its always a Jag. There's no other cars parked on our street that don't belong to the permanent residents so if they are just here to check the property and give it an airing why hide their car?Ā 

It already looks like someone else stopped over in another 2nd home on this street last night and is possibly set for another overnighter.Ā 

Can we blame Dominic Cummings for this???

Ā 

Good Morning fromĀ  sunny Edinburgh.Ā After a windy and wet weekend it is promising to be hot today. No doubt theĀ  nearby beach will be mobbed again. It was the last hot Sunday despite lockdown.Ā 

My son is 45 today.Ā Ā 

Yantan, some personsĀ  camped in the sand dunes at home. They left the tent and food debris,Ā  brokenĀ  booze bottles, socksĀ  etc strewn around the place. It was all new stuff.

It wasn't there on Friday afternoon but was thereĀ  Ā Saturday morning so must have arrived later on FridayĀ  and camped overnight.Ā  Kayakers were seen there but spent little time in the water.

We are still in lockdown until this Thursday.

Been out for my walk. Lots of people out but all respecting social distancing with strangers.Ā  it is quite funny, as some stand talking to friends but when I appear they move apart!

The house next door had a decorator in all last week and both husband and wife work in a care home.

Most of the neighbours here are elderly and staying in , with food delivered to the door by family.

Ā 

Good to read that the little bird has been freed.Ā 

Ā 

Facetimed my son in Romania last night. They can now go out without identity and authority but must stay inĀ  the city.

His partner says she is busier thanĀ  ever with video chats to friends and family and her book group have a weeklyĀ  virtual meeting.

His firm are paying offĀ  20 people on Friday- 1/3 of hisĀ  department.Ā  TheyĀ  are still working from home but are on a 4 day week. He doesn't think they will in a position to open the office until next spring at the earliestĀ  Ā so they may not renew their lease on the office building in August.

So much uncertainty at the moment.

Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

so your son shares my sons birthday, how nice. David thinks he will be working from home from now on, as hes normally online with people abroad anyway. forgot the rest, ill be back. oh yes.my DiL has arranged a meeting on facebook at 6

Oh dear Jazz, hope it was salvageable. Happy birthday to your son. Enjoy your facetime meeting with your DIL.

Happy birthday to your son too Blackmagic. Can't wait till Thursday. I'll be on the first ferry out of Dunoon to go and see my son - in his garden of course lol.

Was lovely here today. Took the dogs to the beach this morning early and we had the place to ourselves so they had a good run around. Spent the rest of the day in the garden until there was a few spots of rain a moment ago. Hasn't come to anything and meant to be sunny again tomorrow šŸ˜

Sorry your mum's not improving Griff. Really hope she starts getting better soon

Ā