UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May this be a good one

Jazz

Evening all

Eve, so pleased you will be able to see your son

Owl, glad the claws got done!

Awwww Marion, how lovely to hear the poochies are doing well.

Sadly, there's no improvement in my mum, infact the opposite.. Marion already knows all this anyway but I eventually got to talk to someone who was honest with me at lunchtime, a really nice guy called Andy. My mums antibiotics have been increased, they have had to ask a plastic surgeon down to check for deeper infection, she has apparently had an x-ray so I guess they are looking at boney involvement. Basically Andy was concerned as my mum wasn't drinking and is losing fluid through the infection and urination, he was also concerned as she hadn't eaten. I explained it's usual behaviour for my mum. 

Mum called me a little later and asked what had been said...so I told her she had to drink and had to eat, she said she ate yesterday...that was it, I went mental! I asked her did she know how ill she actually is?? She said no..not until today, I said that when they shut the ambulance doors I didn't know if I was going to see her again....and that she had no right to do that to us. She said she hadn't done it deliberately...I said she had, after neglecting our pleas for her to do something for years and then ignoring medical advice...she had done it, I said if she actually lives and makes it out of this she better sort herself out as she doesn't get to do this to me again...she said she was going and hung up. 

I told my dad what I had said and he said good on me and hopefully it will knock some sense into her, he said let her stew for a bit. He called her and she spoke to him and he asked how she was...she said she really didn't feel well and that she feels worse, she has however had some dinner

I honestly can see her losing her leg or her life

I am supposed to avoid stress....but between next door and this...not a bloody chance!

Sorry for the moan

• Sad 1

Griff, if it comes to it better lose her leg and live! She is being silly so far as you're concerned, but to be honest if you really don't feel hungry it's an effort to eat at all, and unless that hospital is better than most hospital food doesn't exactly tempt the appetite.

Good news  about being able to see your son, Eve!

Well done on the claws Owl, at least if the weather isn't great tomorrow, either too hot or wet, you and Wispa will probably both be too shattered to be bothered about staying in!

Philip says thanks all for the birthday wishes, we've just had a takeaway from his favourite Indian restaurant, so he's podged and happy!

;

Sorry you are having a bad time, griff. 

Not so hot today but still very pleasant. Gales and rain forecast t for next two days so won't be tempted to venture out.

Cleo needs her paws trimmed so can do that!

Just been out to clap. Most of the neighbours  are elderly and were out clapping- including the lady who celebrated her 90th birthday a few days ago. She struggled to the door with her zimmer.

It is good the pups are enjoying life, yantan. It must be so different for them.

The neighbour who is checking the house and sending me the mail has tidied up the two flower beds in the front garden and trimmed an overgrown tree.

She has told me that the community council are investigating delivering a hot meal once or twice a week to those who restricted at home.Many of the residents in the  area are over 70 . 

They already pickup phone orders for several  shops in the town and deliver  them .

• Like 1

Tomorrow we plan to go nowhere and do not very much. It would have been a home day anyway, as we are both doing well on a routine of alternate home days and going out days.

Griff, I do hope that what you said to your mum has sunk in. As she ate some food at last, maybe it has. 

I went out to clap this evening. Quite a lot of people out. 

Well, it'll never be warm again as Philip has taken the car up to a garage to have the aircon regassed! 

Blackmagic, has being with your family reinforced your intentions to move or have you found you are missing your home? As the lockdown is going to be lifted to an extent in Scotland, will you be able to visit different areas now and look at houses?

Hope today brings better news of your mum, Griff.

Glad the dogs are doing well, Yantan. Must be a load off your mind.

I clapped doubly hard for the NHS last night.

Sadly no improvement, they have ruled out necrotising fascitis, she has to have an MRI, she has been drinking but she is dehydrated...so badly, they can't get a vein. She said the staff have been lovely, offered to go down to marks and Spencer for her.

We were out clapping last night, well Ruby clapped and I annoyed her by banging a pan with a wooden spoon. We had the usual person blowing a horn which makes us all smile but we noticed 2 of our neighbours didn't join in this week ☹ 

Back to winter here today. I'm blaming Philip! 

Joy of joy our boiler has broken down - again! Of course its missed its annual service as British Gas suspended the servicing due to Covid-19. Anyway the engineer is here wearing gloves and a mask. Fingers crossed he can mend it and keep it going. Fortunately it's an outside cupboard so he just needs to come in the back for the controls which are near the back door. 

Hope the boiler is soon fixed Yantan.  Philip looked most put out when I told him it's his fault your weather has turned, he thought you'd appreciate some rain for your plants!

That doesn't sound good Griff. Usually they can find a vein somewhere, even if it's in a foot.

Hoping your boiler can be fixed Marion

Suzeanna, they can't touch her feet and legs because she is swollen, I asked about back of her knee on the better side but they can't lie her on her side because of the wounds on her leg and the amount of pain she is in...I have a bad feeling

• Sad 2

Oh, That sounds a difficult situation,griff. Not being able to visit doesn’t help.

Suzeanna, while I love where Iive and have lovely neighbours who have been so supportive the house,4 bedrooms and 1acre of garden, is too big for me. While I could move locally I would still be 260 miles from my family.

There is a local  hospital which , while excellent , keeps losing services to the main regional one. That involves a three hour journey by car, longer by public transport,  to get there. Not ideal when you are ill and not good for visiting.

I will be sad to leave, but being over 70 , I feel the practical thing to do is move nearer family now that I need to move.

We have strong winds today but no rain so far. It is quite warm though. I took Cleo out early in case the weather got worse and met several dog walkers with the same idea.

I hope you get your boiler fixed,yantan. Mine should have been serviced in April.

Fingers crossed your boiler is fixed Yantan.

We've had wind and rain most of the day, think all my garden is well and truly watered but the weather gods seem to have decided we need a few more day's worth. That'll teach me to think it was too hote yesterday lol. Luckily got the dogs out before it started.

That does seem sensible, Blackmagic. I know it will be a wrench but being nearer to your lovely family should help to ease that and I'm sure it will be a relief for them too.

Big hugs to you Griff. What a worry about your mum. Hope they can get more fluids into her somehow.

Hugs from me as well, Griff.  

Blackmagic, I see what you mean. 

Yantan, I hope your boiler is fixed.

I see that the person who started the Thursday clapping now feels that next Thursday which is the tenth week should be the last, a it has served its purpose. Some key workers like it but some NHS workers have publicly stated they do not.  We just stick to clapping in our street but some people have gone over the top with fireworks etc and pets get spooked. Every Thursday some dog panics and goes missing somewhere. I also do not feel that any criticism should be levelled against people who do not come out and clap. We don't know their circumstances or their reasons, and they are not doing any harm.  I missed it the other week because I fell asleep.

Wispa has slept most of today but is not limping so no harm done by yesterday's extra exercise.

My day is not going well. My awful neighbours decided to attach big eyehooks to my new fence at the front, I went out and was on the phone at the time....I luckily recorded what he said... Marion has heard the clip, I remained polite and didn't swear at any point...then I called the police who didn't come and my dad left work early to come and help me with the police and a lorry hit him

• Sad 1