UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

What kind pf bed do you want? I use a plastic bed- with breathing holes in the bottom- and a piece of profleece. The proleece washes and dries easily and lasts for years. A couple of the bits are at least 12 years old.

If you want a complete bed Amazon have lots

my mobiles ringtone is guns n roses sweet child of mine. when it goes off, kevin takes me to the phone, and the others get excited someone is coming. now ive got it playing randomly on alexa, they do the same thing. ive just changed the ringtone, but thought I wont know its ringing, so have changed it back.

The dogs had 3 parcels yesterday, they have 2 coming today

Another lovely day here. That will bring even more bloody numpty 2nd home owners here. Permanent residents are reporting them to the police in ever increasing numbers ☹ Like the police don't have enough to do as it is, they don't need selfish, irresponsible idiots like this to chase up and chase off back to their permanent places of residence.

eBay is a good source too for dog beds. I got George a really great, very thick, squishy waterproof bed with spare covers from there. It's still going strong as Tye was using it and it stood up to the stick he gave it - digging at it, jumping on it - with his 60lb weight behind it all. 

Lovely weather in the Costa del cov!! Trying to get a bit of colour..I look much better with a tan lol

Just seen my neighbours again....my nicer neighbours...we are meeting out the front to clap for the NHS...them in their garden and me in mine

Fake it till you make it Griff!

I've looked on Amazon and seen the same sort of bed that she's got for just over £8, so I'll order one.  It's not as if she doesn't have anywhere to park herself, there's a two seater and two wicker chairs in the conservatory, she's got her own sofa in the living room plus a bed (that she keeps her toys in) and another bed in the computer room upstairs.  She's not spoilt at all.

• Haha 1

Lol...I risk fake tanning my legs but not my whole body...it would go wrong!!

Bless...poor candy, bet she's like Goldilocks lol

I tried calling the drs today to try and get some help. I have developed what looks like cellulite all over my body, I am a size 12 and five ft four and a half and I have had cellulite on the top of my legs before but this is quite literally EVERYWHERE...legs, full length, arms full length, tummy...all over. I don't know if it's a side effect of treatment or part of my condition but I can't go out in a vest as I feel so self conscious about it....I do as much exercise as I am able but it's not helping

Oh Griff, hope you got through to the doctor and got some useful help.

Can you all stop boasting about your beautiful weather when I am having cloudy, drizzly and 11 degrees. Not that I'm bitter 😡 😂 At least it should put off any numpties wanting to come here for the Easter break. Due to the aforementioned weather I had mostly a housework day today and vacuumed the house from top to bottom and cleaned the shower room. That's me done for another week lol. Might start decorating instead if I can summon the enthusiasm. The house badly needs it.

Hope little miss Candy likes her new bed Suzeanna, providing you can find somewhere to put it.

There have been less and less people out clapping at 8pm in our street. It's a small street with only 9 houses but most came out the first week, about half last week and just two of us tonight. Not very many in the street running along the top of ours either. Don't think it's going to last for the full lockdown somehow. Is it the same elsewhere?

Hope everyone is having a chilled out evening and staying safe and well xx

Edited by eve

About half our little cul de sac were out. Iy is mainly senior citizens. We could also hear clapping form around the area.

Last week people were clapping from their windows but tonight they cam to the door Some obviously came out when they heard others clapping. 

Been overcast and a dampness in the air. Not enough to wet you but you could feel it on your  face. 

Tonight , on TV, they showed police monitoring one the roads to the lakes.  they stopped a car with a canoe on the roof  and sent hem home- two men from 80niles away.

Police fined a passenger  for an  non essential journey in a car stopped on the A9,  travelling between Wick and Inverness The driver was also  fined and also charged with motoring offences.

In another case the two men said they were bored.

Police in Greater Manchester say they were called to 494 house parties in four days as people continue to flout the coronavirus lockdown.

The force has released maps showing the 1,132 incidents they were called to from 25 March to 7 April.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-police-shut-down-494-house-parties-in-four-days-in-greater-manchester-11971032

Many people seem to think it doesn't apply to them. 

Griff, I hope you can manage to talk to doctor.

Busy day, got the rest of one outhouse sorted, also the area down side of house which had become cluttered with various stuff. Untidiness has started to annoy me. I fear I may have had a personality transplant. The Asda delivery, where my kind neighbour had given me her slot, arrived this evening. I have sourdough bread, salad, lots of vege meals, fruit and veg, yogurt. Set up for ages now. 

Cooler today and this evening but still pleasant. Expecting some showers over weekend.

First swallow arrived in village yesterday. I didn't see it but someone got a photo. Looked a bit bedraggled. Should be ok now, plenty of small gnats and midgy things around. One bit me on finger and caused a lump. May even have been horse fly. 

I got through to be told it's a triage system...if the Dr thinks it's necessary to be seen they will get me in...my drs aren't great and it's not really an emergency although very upsetting for me... purely from a self centered point of view! So I will wait it out... upon googling it may be prednisolone or my disease..so no fix, maybe a burkha lol

Eve...pick a small easy bit to decorate to begin with, that will give you a positive start!

Blackmagic, our street has been getting more involved each week...I missed the first week as I was to squiffy to be bothered, but I have messaged my neighbours each week and we meet up out on our doorsteps. 

I bought some felt pens so I can colour some pictures and put them in the windows for the kids 

Owl..so pleased your delivery went well...mine was a nightmare lol...ended up going to town today which kind of defeated the purpose

We had an even bigger, louder response last night. It was fab. I took my whistle out and every time I gave it a blast the neighbours cheered. Someone was banging a big drum, there were loads of pans & lids being banged together & lots of cheering and clapping 👍😁

Poor you Griff. Do they do burkhas in bright colours?

We've got a crotched rainbow with coloured tails hanging from it in our window. A friend of Ruby's sent it to her.