UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

I ma very impressed with Tesco Insurance. I want to take the personal plates of the car before selling it. Amendments don online are free so I wanted to register the policy online. I don't have the policy number, only the certificate of insurance with me. 

Tescobank message  told me to phone car insurance and they could give me  it. 

Phoned this morning but   because  the policy is in Jim's name- until the end of the policy year- and was registered online by him, but now blocked, it could not be registered again.

I explained I wanted to make changes online to avoid admin charge. Changing the registration  over the phone would be no charge but changing the car would mean cancelling the policy and getting a new one in my name. AS he wanted to try and get this for charge he passed me to the bereavement team

They will cancel the policy and quote a new one free of  an admin charge and will transfer JIm's 9 year no claim bonus to me.

So well done Tesco from me.

Lovely sunny day here so  garden renovation beckons.

• Like 2

We have used them for a few years. They were very good when we wrote our car off and despite that claim the  premium for the next year was less than that year's one had been. I had been expecting a big increase after them paying out several thousand  pounds. 

Last year the renewal was high so JIm did an online quote which was much cheaper . He phoned up and the agent asked for the quote reference. He agreed to  that one.

He explained that a renewal is from the same underwriter as the current policy but an online quote searches for the cheapest quote from all their underwriters.

That was good of Tesco Blackmagic. Too many businesses are faceless these days and just trot out the old "rules is rules" as standard.

I change my insurance almost every year to save money. Some of the renewal quotes have been eyewatering. When I call them to tell them I am cancelling they nearly always ask if I will let them see if they can come up with a lower quote. When they do I reply that if they had quoted that one in the first place I might have stayed with them. It's a blooming minefield. I don't suppose they will be wanting to give us any money back or reduce our next premium owing to the fact that our cars are as much in lockdown as we are???

Ruby's breast care nurse rang her today and they are bringing her Monday appointment forward to Thursday. The surgeon will check her surgery scar and the amount of fluid still left where her boob was.  The nurse will also fit her for her permanent prosthesis as she's just had a temporary one up until now. 

Blooming break down cover is just as bad, rac the other year quoted my dad a few hundred quid...so he left and went to the aa, the aa quoted him £340 odd so we did an rac quote and it was £200 less, so he has gone with them, next year will be the same and we will end up with the aa again... it's ridiculous

I really hope ruby goes on o.k and that all is as the consultant expects

3 hours ago, Yantan said:

Ruby's breast care nurse rang her today and they are bringing her Monday appointment forward to Thursday. The surgeon will check her surgery scar and the amount of fluid still left where her boob was.  The nurse will also fit her for her permanent prosthesis as she's just had a temporary one up until now. 

Hope that Ruby's appointment goes well, I imagine the fluid is uncomfortable. Will she need further treatment?

When I had the ancilliary strip under my arm I developed a huge seroma...looked as if I'd grown another boob! They drained it and got a litre of fluid out the first time, half that the second and less the third. Didn't hurt at all to have it drained.  Smaller amounts will reabsorb by themselves, but if they say she needs drains it shouldn't be uncomfortable.

Morning. It's a lovely day here.

The surgeon who did the surgery doesn't use drains following surgery as he feels they introduce infection. It used to be standard procedure. I guess if you get a build up like you did Sue they have no choice but to introduce them.

Ruby's found the fluid slopping away and moving around quite unsettling but she was told this would happen. If the area starts to harden then she'd need to be seen pronto but so far, so good 🤞🤞🤞 

Karen there's only one test result outstanding now. The others showed they removed all the cancer and the lymph is clear. The test outstanding is maybe the most important as it will show if there is a chance the cancer will recur. It's being analysed in California, at the only facility in the world able to conduct such analysis. If the numbers are low its very unlikely it will recur but if they are high then Ruby will need a course of chemo. 

Whatever the result of that she has to go on estrogen blockers for anything between 5 & 10 years.

The owner of a 2nd home, close to my friend's home, has turned up for the 2nd time in a week  🤬🤬🤬🤬 She and others have reported him to the police.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/newark-attack-fight-police-children-4041864?fbclid=IwAR04181HfQK3mpOei-rFT3sF1rOqle4bl4OiZAAgTKcBjhWI1nKyPjBMPg0

A bunch of men, who must have been off their faces on something or other, attacked people who were going for a quiet walk. Jamie mentioned in article above who gave first aid to a man who was knocked unconscious, is nephew and workmate of my opposite neighbour. Police and ambulance arrived quickly but the men got away in 2 vans. Reg numbers were taken so hopefully arrests will be made. 

That's horrendous Owl. What on earth gets into people?

Good luck for Ruby with her appointment tomorrow.

How often do you flea/tick treat your dogs? I always thought it was 3 months but the latest batch we bought says monthly. Maybe I've just been lucky none of them have ever caught any