UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Weather is very pleasant here too. We cleared our garden last year to make it pretty much maintenance free so there's nothing to do out there. The best we can hope for is to meet one of the neighbours out and have a chat between the fences.

Lol...Marion come down here, apparently social distancing doesn't apply!! Horrible neighbour here again..2 workmen in one van and standing close together, went out the back and stood talking to my nice neighbour her and her daughter...we were all well apart

Sainsbury's delivery has come...lots missing... nevermind

Paid Steve's council tax as the office is shut, he didn't want to have it added at the end so will get the money when I eventually see him...the way things are going, maybe next year lol

Edited by griff

Great bargains Jazz.

Our weather isn't as good as you're having down south. Not much sun today though not too cold when I was in the queue for the post office. Trouble is it's in the co-op so you have to join the queue for the shop even if you don't need anything from there. But it was for an elderly neighbour who keeps in touch with her friends and relatives by actual letters, doesn't have the internet or anything like that lol, and needed stamps so I didn't mind.

That was a nice thing to do for Steve, Griff. Is he still having to go to work?

I registered for the Scottish equivalent of the volunteer database and got an email saying they needed people to deliver food and medicines in my area. Clicked on the link they gave only to be told I wasn't eligible to help as you had to be under 60! It's all a bit silly as I'm fit and healthy, no disabilities and quite capable of picking up food or prescriptions and leaving them on someone's doorstep. Just hope they have enough people under 60 who've volunteered so that people needing help aren't going without. Is it as draconian everywhere else or is it just in my area?

Really hot here today, the thermostat thing for the boiler is still registering 21.5 upstairs.  I mowed part of the lawn but my head was starting to bang so I gave up! My over wintering butterflies were alive, they both disappeared today.  Either that or an enterprising spider got them!

Candy needs a new bed for the kitchen, the one in there is so thin its hardly worth the name.  Any sites do decent beds that don't cost an arm and a leg, Jazz?

• Like 1

Eve, how lovely of you to offer..I expect they probably don't want to put anyone at unnecessary risk...to be fair..most 60 year olds know are pretty fit

Steve hasn't been to work...he is supposed to start back soon but I asked to see about getting him furloughed...they said at the moment no but he is going to pop into work tomorrow and see what's what..they don't have enough work for all the drivers

Suzeanna..I like to think the butterflies woke up and flew away..not spider chow!!

I get my dogs beds off the market, the ones I have downstairs are utterly brilliant, I bought them, 2 for £18....and unbeknownst to me, they are leather!! I have gone back a few times to buy more but they haven't had them, when all this Corona is over and done with I will go back and hopefully they will have them