UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Hope Philip got the shopping, Iceland changed their hours here 9-5 

I wanted to get out and pit my bamboo plants up as they are dying but next door are here .... again! So I have to wait until they go, I don't mind doing it in the dark...at least I can't be accused of anything

Yes, he got everything he needed, including two Lindt chocolate bunnies for me! I'll be good and wait until Easter to eat them. Good luck with the bamboo plants.

I looked in my spam email box Yantan, definitely no mail telling me the times had changed.   Hope it stays nice and quiet for you with no unwanted visitors.

Groundhog day here again. Walked the dogs, did a bit in the garden, read for a bit, then cooked dinner. Not that that's much different for me pre virus restrictions lol. Think I need to try and introduce something new into my daily life 😂

Neighbours 2 doors along, the ones whose collie likes to race Wispa along the gardens, called across to me with a lovely offer. They do not need a delivery slot they booked with ASDA 2 weeks ago as they have managed to go and do a shop. So they have offered me the password so I can use their slot. 

• Like 4

Eve..my life is pretty much the same here at the moment.

I did a video call with my brother today...I felt bad for him as he lives alone in London and is working from home so I WhatsApp video called him, I put mum on with him and shouted my dad but he didn't come down.

Got the bamboos potted up, started at gone 8pm....they are 6 ft tall so not an easy task on my own but they are done!!

I hope everyone decides to do the responsible thing and stay home this weekend...I doubt it if coombe abbey is anything to go by.. absolutely rammed again, at this rate, we aren't going to be out until Christmas!

Owl...what a really lovely thing for them to do!

Our excitement for the day was power washing the terrace..patio..whatever!  I'd taken some photos of the pretty primulas in the flower bed and was rather embarrassed by how dirty it was so we got stuck in this morning.  Shows our age though as  we were both knackered afterwards, my hands were cramping and my legs hated me, and Philip's back was protesting.  

I was just watching a buzzard soaring over the fields at the back, it was coming down quite low. I know they are big birds, but hadn't appreciated before quite how big.

Owl..my hibernating small tortoiseshell butterflies in the utility room are showing no signs of life. Philip says they're dead, I'm hoping they aren't.  Should they be up and about by now?

Nick is like Bindi Jazz. He's on a one dog mission to chase anything larger than a starling out of the garden. I scatter peanuts and suet pellets on the ground for them and have to keep Nick in while they feed.

That was nice of you to video call your brother Griff, especially after how he was with you at Christmas. Shows you're much the better person. My auntie, who's in her late 70's, phoned earlier to check I was ok bless her. It should have been me checking up on her so I felt quite embarrassed that it was the other way around! She lives over 100 miles away in Blairgowrie mind you so not sure what I could have done if she's not ok!

Well done on the power washing Suzeanna. My jobs for today were planting some bulbs and scraping weeds from path in the back garden. Didn't do my knees or back any good either lol.

• Like 1